Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #161  
Maybe I am wrong, and only time will tell, but I think the kits will mostly sell to people with "above average" fabrication skills, but not necessarily the right equipment to cut/bend/roll, and form the peices needed. This is kinda a one-stop to get all the peices, and takes the guess work and measuring out of it.

Sure, I could plan a kit. Get materials. Cut and bend what I can. Have the local fab shop cut and bend or roll the harder pieces, and then try remember how it all goes together and start welding. But a kit would be a lot simpler. It would give me everything I would have to have done locally, yet still leave me with the stuff I am capable of doing myself to save money, like fitting, welding, and painting.

I dont think the "average joe" homeowner with a 110v mig in his garage and very limited fab skills is going to even want to attempt a kit like this. I think they will realize that this is above their skill level. And such, I dont think it should be marketed to those type of people.

It is all in how you define "average welding skills" though. Everyones skills are different. And only those people can know if this is within their ability to tackle. I am not a professional welder or fabricator. Dont claim to be. But I am not afraid to build things. I have done attachments like a potato plow, and 3PH reciever hitches, and a few wood hauling trailers. Stuff that is just straight peices that are cut and welded. But a kit-type for something like a blade, or boxblade where there is bent or rolled metal is something I dont have the equimpemt to do. And to buy that in a kit for me would be the next step. But if you arent the type to want to make someting as simple as a reciever hitch out of some scraps, I dont think you are the type to want a "kit" from EA.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I "think" that unless you are what some consider "above average", you really wouldnt have any interest in the kit anyway. And those that are interested in the kit, and have the equipment (and know how to use it) to assemble and weld the attachment, then you are most likely not just "average" IMO

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #162  
I think a big thing with these kits will be How Big of a price difference will there be to make it worthwhile to build a KIT vs an assembled one. Time will tell. If I was going to save 50 dollars building a boxscraper I would rather have it assembled and put it to work..

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #163  
how about a three point hitch for a farmall m thank you jim

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #164  
Well, in theory I like the idea.
From a manufacturing standpoint, I think you would have to realize that not everybody has an extremely powerful welder, as you do. Thus, the kits would have to be modified to have parts bolt up, maybe not be welded. What would you do if someone welded as instructed, but it was a poor weld, and the equipment broke and the owner claimed that he had done a perfect welding job and that the problem was in the design/materials?? Me, I'd KNOW my welding was at fault, but I'm not everybody.

Price wise, the kit would have to compete with used items from various sources. Your target customer has tools, is handy, a welder, mechanical knowledge about how things work and a willingness to spend time on messing with his equipment. People buy new when they are outside these parameters.

Just my first thoughts.

I love the idea,I love building stuff and always have, and have no problem with a big enough welder or welding ability, but like Texasjohn stated there are many people that think there small 110v welder is capable of much more than it really is. That would be the only real downfall for some people

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #166  
Been wanting a Landplane to maintain my long dirt driveway for awhile now. Prices for new ones are a bit steep and used ones are few to be had in my area. A fully organized kit of hardware and precut parts at about 1/2 the price of a fully assembled implement, I'd purchase it!

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #167  
Sounds like a great idea. I've been looking for the QA but not willing to pay full price. I am currently looking for used that I can fab to fit my loader. MF232 or just build one from scratch. Not too far from you guys.

Thanks

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #168  
Sounds like a great idea. I've been looking for the QA but not willing to pay full price. I am currently looking for used that I can fab to fit my loader. MF232 or just build one from scratch. Not too far from you guys.

Thanks

WOULD LIKE THE SS QUICK ATACH SYSTEM FOR TWO TRACTORS!

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #169  
Been wanting a Landplane to maintain my long dirt driveway for awhile now. Prices for new ones are a bit steep and used ones are few to be had in my area. A fully organized kit of hardware and precut parts at about 1/2 the price of a fully assembled implement, I'd purchase it!
Sign me up for one as well

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #170  
Sign me up for one as well