Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #51  
Although i'm from Europe and shipping cost rules me out as a potential customer, for me the reason to make my own stuff is that the scrap i have around, is cheaper than new steel these days.
Another reason is that i want beefy stuff: when buying pre cut, sandblasted parts, i could weld as many reinforcements as i want.

You could sell pre cut dumptrailer hinge kits, latches, tabs for disk pillow block bearings, pins and bushings, etcetera, and let people weld their own frame with scrap they have.
Mostly those are the pieces i torch off of scrapped equipment to save for future projects.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #52  
Great idea! I too am interested, of course the cheaper the cost the better for me. Would love to see some grapple kits for the smaller compact tractors. Good luck with your decision Ted.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #53  
Ted,

I'm in! I like to build rather than buy when possible.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #54  
A lot of folks talking about bolt together kits. IMHO that would cost more than a completed welded assembly since the supplier would have to weld on all the bolt attachment points or make the pieces larger to allow bolting and incorporate a design change to allow it, JUST not feasible for money savings.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #55  
What I have been unable to find are (stand alone) basic 3 point hitch ('A') frames...

IMO...this would be a big help for those that build their own attachments...especially unique or specialty (specific use) tools/attachments...

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #56  
This is a great idea! The kits would be nice for folks like me that just don't have easy access to the metal or the equipment to cut and bend all the necessary pieces, but we can weld and paint. I also like the idea to buy just the components such as the "A" frames, or other pieces we might need to repair or modify existing implements..........go for it.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #57  
I think it is a very interesting concept, BUT, IMO, it would have to be AT LEAST 50% off, and posibally more to entice me.

Lets look at your new scrape blade for starters. At a price of ~$1200 finished, if you offered it as a build-it-yourself, the average person would have a good day in fitment and welding. Another day in preping and painting. And then another day in final assembly.

And then theres the issue of warranty. I didnt see any kind of warranty listed for your rear blade and dont know if you offer one, but I suspect that you'd stand behind your product as well as any if a weld broke or something bent as long as it wasnt pulled behind a 200hp 4x4 tractor. You certainly arent going to do this with a customer assembled blade.

So all of that in consideration, a 25% discount.........only saving $300, no thanks. Go ahead and do the welding and painting. I'd have to be at the $500-$600 range or less to even consider such a proposition.

But thats just me. Others may be different.

Agreed... discount would need to be 50% or more! It's still time consuming jigging and welding up everything. Not to mention painting... :confused2:

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #58  
I should have put this in my first post but I didn't. I have been wanting a land plane.

Keep us informed. Seems this topic is getting a few interests.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #59  
I would be interested as I have a good welder and more time than money. Be sure to make the kits so they can be used on a Bobcat. Making them as kits would give you the flexibility of buying them with either a bobcat mount, or a 3point hitch.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #60  
An interesting topic! Ted, I waste way too much time, watching you and Peanut!

I suspect, however, that the market maybe too limited for this to be profitable. (The last few dozen posters all seem to have different tools and skill levels.)
The legal issue is also an issue.

Slightly off-topic; I contacted the Ratchet Rake folks, and asked about a Poor Man's version that would bolt onto my back blade. The answer I got surprised me: Patent infringement!