Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #61  
Ted, Go for it! I think that those interested in these kits, already have the skills. I like the idea of the kits, as we all change our attachments any way. Change them as you build them!! Then paint them and everything matches. If you look at this forum and the custumising one above it. We are already changing our tractors and attachments to suit our needs. As, for the savings. I think 50% off maybe too much off. If I'm going to add to or change the kit to work for me. I will not spend hours cutting the attachment apart. That is a time saver for me. Now, for leagal issuses. I'm not sure that in clear concounce. I could sue a kit manufcturer for my lack of constructing skills. If, I can't weld, grind, sand, or paint I would have no business buying kit form of anything. I, guess, what I'm saying is, I like the whole idea. Even pto driven attachment kits, ( tillers, power rakes, etc.) just me. I, think, that I would buy kits at a price range of 30 to 40 % off just, so I would not have to remove old paint. Cutting appart an all ready assembled attachment to make a minor change. Plus, I would put on a good paint system I like that will not fade in two years or start to rust in six months. Yes, a paint system (primers, top coats single or two stage, and clears). I will send you a list of attachments, I would love to see in kit form. I really like this idea !!!!

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #62  
I think I would start out with components rather than entire kits. Generic gauge wheels adaptable to??? The frame for 3pt hitch... ripper teeth and so forth.

As others previously noted, for me to buy a kit for a landplane etc, I'm going to have to see a substantial decrease in cost because I don't really have the time to spend on a 10% savings. Go a lot higher and then I am interested.

Make the parts I need to modify my existing implements to do "other" work and I become really interested. All those parts that either are hard to find locally or are very expensive due to being specified for one color or another brand.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #63  
not sure that the liability issue would be much different than company like fab-tech or skyjacker selling lift kits for vehicles. Some of these kits require or "recommend" welding and are installed by competent mechanics as well as some not so competent and haven't heard of any liability problems from the manufacturers.

It is also usually pretty easy to determine if a failure is from a poor design or a crappy weld job or even misuse. I guess if you assemble things wrong and put strange stresses on things because of bad fit-up, then that's a different story. I understand there are some "different" folks out there, but find it hard to believe anyone holding you accountable for their item rusting too soon if they painted it themselves.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #64  
not sure that the liability issue would be much different than company like fab-tech or skyjacker selling lift kits for vehicles. Some of these kits require or "recommend" welding and are installed by competent mechanics as well as some not so competent and haven't heard of any liability problems from the manufacturers.

It is also usually pretty easy to determine if a failure is from a poor design or a crappy weld job or even misuse. I guess if you assemble things wrong and put strange stresses on things because of bad fit-up, then that's a different story. I understand there are some "different" folks out there, but find it hard to believe anyone holding you accountable for their item rusting too soon if they painted it themselves.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #65  
My thinking with liability is that if you buy the kit unassembled and you assemble it you are responsible for the assembly, so if something fails then its on you. Kits would be a great idea.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #66  
My thinking with liability is that if you buy the kit unassembled and you assemble it you are responsible for the assembly, so if something fails then its on you. Kits would be a great idea.

^ Copy that.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #67  
My concern isnt so much liability, but brand image.

Hypothetical situation.....

A hack job orders a kit, and assembles it poorly. Things crooked, poor paint job, crappy welds, etc. Then in a few years goes to sell the blade and advertizes it as an EA HD blade?

If someone were to look at it, and not knowing that this was a kit, or even that EA offered kits....what would they think of EA??

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #68  
Along those lines how many "bush hogs" do you see for sale not made by Bush Hog, LLC Selma, Alabama.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #69  
A little different situation I am afraid.

If anything, it has only helped out bushhog, by name recognition.

Same goes for cresent wrenches, channel-locs, etc.

In this situation, it is only likely to HURT the reputation of EA.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #70  
I could use a sod plow for my CT120 if I could bolt it together.