Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #71  
If someone were to look at it, and not knowing that this was a kit, or even that EA offered kits....what would they think of EA??
If EA doesnt take liability for the assembled product, the kit wouldnt have EA brand stickers and type plates included either.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #72  
I think it would be an excellent idea, After my divorce I have a VERY tight budget and anything I can do for myself and save money is welcomed, keep us posted.

Mike

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #73  
If EA doesnt take liability for the assembled product, the kit wouldnt have EA brand stickers and type plates included either.

I cant begin to count the implements I have bought over the years that had no identifying tags or stickers left. Only way to id them was just visually. If I were to buy an EA back blade, do a crappy job assembling, wait a few years for some rust, some unsuspecting person may be in the same boat and just assume that the tags and stickers wore off. But given each implement has its own unique styling, could be identified as an EA unit. and if that person didnt know that EA offered kits, they would just assume that it was garbage from EA.

Could something like that be out of the realm of possibility?

Dont get me wrong, I think if the discount is significant enough, I think kits are a great idea. But theres always two sides to the coin. I'm just playing devils advocate here.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #74  
some unsuspecting person may be in the same boat and just assume that the tags and stickers wore off. But given each implement has its own unique styling, could be identified as an EA unit. and if that person didnt know that EA offered kits, they would just assume that it was garbage from EA.

A person THAT unsuspecting wouldnt recognise the EA build style anyways... ;)

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #75  
LD1 said:
I cant begin to count the implements I have bought over the years that had no identifying tags or stickers left. Only way to id them was just visually. If I were to buy an EA back blade, do a crappy job assembling, wait a few years for some rust, some unsuspecting person may be in the same boat and just assume that the tags and stickers wore off. But given each implement has its own unique styling, could be identified as an EA unit. and if that person didnt know that EA offered kits, they would just assume that it was garbage from EA.

Could something like that be out of the realm of possibility?

Dont get me wrong, I think if the discount is significant enough, I think kits are a great idea. But theres always two sides to the coin. I'm just playing devils advocate here.

Maybe the answer than is stick to simple kits like box blade, back blade type of stuff and forget the complicated stuff like a backhoe kit.

Ted I'm still waiting for my landplane kit. ;)

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #76  
Very interested!

Supply cut pieces only leave out hydraulics, wheels and other purchased components such as hardware wheels etc but do include list of required outsourced parts.
That way you invest in less inventory and the 'cut kit' would be much more attractively priced as well as being more profitable to you.
Even with your bulk purchase power and minimal mark ups the average guy can buy locally for less and it makes your kit much more attractive, besides we DIY's generally have our own hardware stocks.
In a build kit instructions could/should call out minimum welding specs (rod type & amps) as otherwise some folks will try to weld up a land plane with a $100. ChiCom 110v flux wire welder resulting in guaranteed failures and dissatisfaction.
As to warranty, I see no problems as you did not weld/build the units.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #77  
I am thinking some of the labor intensive items like a grapple would make the most sense. Mostly because that's what I want/need just cannot talk myself into parting with the money, but would take the time to weld one up, just do not have the skills / design ability to start one from scratch. I like the option to exclude some items like cylinders, hoses, etc. May not be a significant savings on the long run with locally sourced parts, but others like me would be able to start a kit and finish all the standard componets when available.

Put me on the list when this becomes an option. I would consider even getting on a signup and purchase when X number of TBNers sign up for particlular item.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #78  
A little different situation I am afraid.

If anything, it has only helped out bushhog, by name recognition.

Same goes for cresent wrenches, channel-locs, etc.

In this situation, it is only likely to HURT the reputation of EA.

My point was most people don't have any idea what brand they are looking at or know enough (or care) about them to steer clear of others.

How many used implements have you bought only because of brand? I generally look to how much use they have had, how hard they were used and how they were stored to have an understanding of how much life they have left for me. Brand is of little concern unless I'm looking for "art".

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #79  
Speaking of "Brand Recognition", Budweiser is the Number One selling "beer".
I put "beer" in quotes, because, as my British friend says, it is like making love in a canoe- (F'in' close to water.)

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #80  
Well -- if you can design something in bulk, preprimed, that allows us to save money just having that implement that is same or better quality then local stores like tractor supply or our local tractor dealer - then I am all for it. You guys would save money on packaging, paint, and labor costs to assemble.

I for one would love oppurtunity to put together a kit and paint to save money in my pocket. The only cons I can think of is no powder coating. Unless I take it in and it would then it would cost same or more as local store. But then its a tractor implement-- its meant to be used/abused. ;)