Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #81  
The problem of differentiating between kits and factory assembled units could be solved by making use of their new laser to cut the ETA logo into the factory units. Something that would be hard to duplicate for the kit builder.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #82  
The problem of differentiating between kits and factory assembled units could be solved by making use of their new laser to cut the ETA logo into the factory units. Something that would be hard to duplicate for the kit builder.
There's a good idea.
When I worked in the hospital products business we used to put subtle marks in different places on the plastic parts to identify our parts vs the counterfits that would always appear from Asia in a year or two.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #83  
I think that you are on to something at EA.
As others have said though, I think your company and us do it yourselfers would benefit from the availability of buying individual parts and not an entire kit as I know many of us have completely differing visions on the builds and uses of different parts on implements‘.

I can say this is a very exciting idea to me.
Even if there is not a huge savings on the entire kit it is much cheaper to purchase individual pieces needed for a build when it is impractical to build everything yourself.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #84  
So when are you going to start selling the kits?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #85  
I like the idea. I make a lot of my own attachments out of scrap I have laying around. Heavy plate is what I have to buy. If I could buy it all dimensioned, notched, slotted, ect that would be a value.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #86  
I think a few people are over thinking this. If I read this correctly Ted is talking about a no paint bolt together kit, no welding. Kinda like an erector kit. Easier to ship and no complaints that paint is scratched. I think those expecting a 50% decrease are way out of the ballpark. You really think that assembly and paint are 50% of the product? That said I can bolt things together and have a spray gun so I would be in favor of saving a few $ with a diy kit.

Last edited:
   / Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #87  
Remember, you would still have to pay the shipping. Ted's 'free shipping within 1000 miles' is built into the price.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #88  
I need to proof read before I send. I meant to say that a 50% savings would be unrealistic.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #89  
I like the idea, could also sell plans with instructions and materials involved to build ourselves.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #90  
Have seen a lot of positive replies to your idea Ted, are you thinking about moving ahead with it?