Big ol Engines

/ Big ol Engines #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I am doing some work that involves big yachts. The rich kind that cost 20,30, 50 million. Today I was at the Fort Lauderdale boat show. Saw these two and went, wow.... The first , I have no idea about. But they sell a bunch.

The second is 3000 HP Twin Turbo, Twin Supercharge (yes) 12 cylinder CATS. Two of them power a 145 foot yacht. I guess with all the marble, swimming pools and cars and boats stuffed in these boats they need this kind of power. And they buy 70,000 gallons at a time.

happy to find a picture of the boat, but the engines are tractor based.

Attachments

• DSCN0451.jpg
    DSCN0451.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCN0461.jpg
    DSCN0461.jpg
    989.4 KB · Views: 494
   / Big ol Engines #2  
I was recently involved in the removal and rebuild of a 975 HP Cat engine off of a 600KW generator and I thought that was a big engine but these are even bigger. Beautiful absolutely beautiful.

/ Big ol Engines #3  
Nice. I would like to see one of them put on a tractor. It could pull 75 bottom plow easly.

/ Big ol Engines #4  
We have several 12 cylinder, twin-turbo Waukeshaw engines at work that drive pumps. Not sure what their displacement or hp ratings are, but I've been around when they were being overhauled and each pistion is about 10" in diameter. They are huge engines.

/ Big ol Engines #8  
Great pics, thanks for posting. That first engine is huge, wonder how much it weighs.