What Size Fuse?

/ What Size Fuse? #1  

BugsRLB

Tractor
Kubota BX23
I recently installed a 12VDC power window motor to rotate the snowblow chute and a 12VDC 4" actuator to change the angle of the chute deflector. I am about to do the wiring and was wondering what size fuse to put on each device. This snowblower is front mounted on a BX23.

/ What Size Fuse? #2  
You'll need to determine the amps or wattage of each motor to size the fuses. MOST (not all) window motors pull around 5 to 7 amps, but without knowing what yours is.......

Ken

/ What Size Fuse? #3  
You'll need to determine the amps or wattage of each motor to size the fuses. MOST (not all) window motors pull around 5 to 7 amps, but without knowing what yours is.......

Ken
I agree, Do you know what this power window motor was made for?

/ What Size Fuse? #4  
A fuse job is to protect the wire from melting! The fuse is the weak link, it blows before the wiring melts and sets your tractor on fire.
In other words rate the fuse based on wire gauge, and wire gauge is based on the devices requirement.
(10 amp fuse is norm for 16 gauge.)

/ What Size Fuse? #5  
Most parts stores can help with both the amp/wattage draw of various common components and have charts for amps vs wire size. Foreign parts are in metric so a little more calculation is required to convert to our Ohms Law formulas. Ditto on the last on sizing fuse to the wire ampacity. If those auto components do not have enough power to move the compnents on your blower look mint the motor actuators used in the HVAC industry, unless they are resistance modulated or circuit board controlled they are 24 volts AC and work fine on 12V DC. All this stuff is on the internet.

Ron