How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #421  
GA, care to tell us what you would do - given a reasonable amount of time to get organised and law and order prevailing. How big a group, and what expertise. Not a wish list of people skills, just what you have available with the people you already know and are prepared to live with if you have no other choice. Would you stockpile food, guns and ammo, trade goods, anything else, or would you rely on producing food on a seasonal basis and live off what else is available for non-food needs?

Honestly, I'd really never given it much thought - this thread has been pretty eye opening for me, making me me realize how unprepared I'd be. I think I'm OK with in a short term survival scenario (certainly a few weeks, maybe even a few months.) But if we really had an EOTWAWKI I'd be screwed.

I'd be one of the ones they'd be shooting at to keep me out of the garden or pantry...:eek:

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #422  
I get a kick out of these threads and I dont miss a single one if I can help it. They are all over the net and are the subject of plenty of tv shows. I love zombie movies and Jericho scenario shows its entertaining to speculate and all but we will not be able to beat the military machine. Who ever that may be if thats what comes our way and they will simply take what we have and use it as theirs.

A big storm or a power outage yes I bet every one of us that is on here does real well and probably helps out quite few other people as well make it but the real shtf we are done and will be gathered up alive or dead or we join up. my .002

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #423  
I have to agree such a military machine would be impossible to defeat, but resistance could really be a thorn in there flesh. If its organized.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #424  
Any that manage to swim/stagger this far will be welcomed as long as they come with empty hands(ie no firearm drawn) and if they can contribute in some way would be allowed to stay. :welcome:

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #425  
I have to agree such a military machine would be impossible to defeat, but resistance could really be a thorn in there flesh. If its organized.

That would be our duty to resist no doubt about that we all would resist its just doubtful we would win the war. my .002

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #426  
That would be our duty to resist no doubt about that we all would resist its just doubtful we would win the war. my .002

If the military stays together and fights against us, maybe we are wrong. Put another way, if we are right, the majority of the men and women in the military would side with their civilian relatives.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #427  
If the military stays together and fights against us, maybe we are wrong. Put another way, if we are right, the majority of the men and women in the military would side with their civilian relatives.

Great point Bota and its one we talk about constantly! I personally dont know one military or one law enforcement person that will turn on us but I am part of a small piece of a huge pie.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #428  
Car Doc said:
Great point Bota and its one we talk about constantly! I personally dont know one military or one law enforcement person that will turn on us but I am part of a small piece of a huge pie.

On the other hand, gor the US, the is no army, i would think that would attack ( i mean woth troupes on land ) except maube a civil war, if your own army get against you guys, I thibk you guys are screwed.

For us in canada, i think the only military we have to feat is the us..... Even then, hughes country like us & canada would be almost impossible to control under an attack. Maybe the few big city.

Can you guys imagine how big of an army it would take to take over & control such a big piece of land !!! And if really we get there, I such in the boonies that my area will be, I think the last of there concern !

If it s a nuke or bacteriological attack, it is another story.

But, for all of us in the country, if most of the major cities get destroy, we would still be in a dooms day as far as having a organize country ( thinking of a jericho scenario)

So me, I am more worry about natural catastrophy than anything else. If ever there would be a super mega hughes ice storm that would bring down ( I mean really down, like power line and all te high voltage pylone) the grid, like 90% of electrical gris destroy, it would take years to get uility power back and the cost of it would probably go bankcrupsy. And more than 80% of our power plant are way way up north in eother james bay or way up east on the north shore of the st lawrence. Both are like 800 to 1500 kms from big cities like montreal. Around here now qe have 1000 MW of utility scale wind power, but they are iseless qithout a decent gris than can back feed them.

For me, this is the #1 possibility in my dooms day book. But I am not stoburn, someone could change my mind with fact, good argument or a well built theory

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #429  
Dang, re reading my post, sory for all the typo mistake... I am using my iphone !!! And even if english is not my first language, i am usually not that bad.. And editing ain't funny with my Iphone.... So sorry for the bad grammar

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #430  

wolverines!

I actually like the original red dawn much better than the new one.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.