ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #101  
To weld and/or assemble the kit is one thing and design it is another. If you buy the kit you are buying not only the parts but also the design. It will allow you to get what you need cheaper, entertain yourself in the shop building it and at the end you will have implement that will look and function right. I think the kit is a great idea.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #102  
Grumpy Old Man said:
for the amount of equipment sold on their web site and the prices they charge imo it's just a sales gimmick and nothing more ! as far as feedback they already sell these things they don't need feed back they need sales and the only way to increase sales is to sell kit form items and eliminate the wages they pay to deliver a finished product ! Maybe they should just lower the prices and more would get sold . better to sell a thousand at $400.00 than 100 at $1,000.00 ! theres something to be said for volume sales compared to max profit

Ok, so you're not interested in a kit... Cool, move on. I've purchased from ETA, multiple times, and am very pleased. I hope they do well with the kit idea, and if you want to throw your hat in the ring for the kit build, quit your bit€hing and do so.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #103  
So we still haven't picked out a name yet? I think it's getting over thought. Just reach into a hat and pull a name. Someone with limited tools or experience will give more of a comfortable feeling that you can do it too but on the other side is the person who can give a much more detailed description on the quality of the kit. Personally I'll see what EA offers in the spring and if it's something I want I'll pick up a kit. If it's a kit that hasn't been posted by someone else assembling it I'll do it.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #104  
tungularafishcamp said:
Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt!! There I just cut some cheese to go with all that whine!

Thank you. I was afraid he'd soon run out. :) Guess he earned his title.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #105  
I didn't mean it the way you are thinking. He would get alot more out of watching someone put it together. I just don't see how one feed back is going to give him more info then what he aready knows. His mind is made up and he is going to try it, and why not it doesn't cost much. As for as the free kit, i wish all could get one. But keep in mind nothing is free, your time, pictures, write up, your electric and so on.
Far better way is to sell, say 100 kits and pay Say $50 to $100 for feed back forms that has all the info that he ask for send to him for the first say 50 feed backs. LD1 I hope you get it I'm sure you well do a good job, if he thinks this the best way to get feed back.

Sure, he could probabally get alot more out of watching someone there local put it together. And sure, he probabally already knows anything and everything we are going to be able to tell him. But whats that do for US??

The guys at EA are great. And they also understand that running a business isnt only about making the most money possible. They realize that they have to give back once in ahwile to be a GREAT business. Which is what they are doing here. Members of this website are the perfect customer base for them. (thats why they advertise here). All they are doing is giving a little back to their customers. And if it helps them sell more kits in the future at the expense of giving one away free, well, thats a good business decision.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #106  
I am going to be very interested in buying a kit. Before I do I want some unbiosed opinion on how easy it is to identify parts when it arrives, are the instructions easy to follow, and how long does it take to assemble and weld. Granted these will vary with different kits, but getting the feedback on one will help me make that decsion if I should buy fully assembled or do it myself. EA could have one of his own people do this, and likely has in order to write up and test the instructions, but I will feel more comfortable after hearing from someone on TBN that I trust to be truthful.
Level of difficulty and price are going to be the big determining factors for me and that is why I like this idea.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #107  
for the amount of equipment sold on their web site and the prices they charge imo it's just a sales gimmick and nothing more ! as far as feedback they already sell these things they don't need feed back they need sales and the only way to increase sales is to sell kit form items and eliminate the wages they pay to deliver a finished product ! Maybe they should just lower the prices and more would get sold . better to sell a thousand at $400.00 than 100 at $1,000.00 ! theres something to be said for volume sales compared to max profit
Until they sell a kit for a profit they are losing money every minute they devote to the exercise instead of selling ready built attachments. That's not my idea of a sales gimmick. They probably won't recover their investment until they have sold quite a few kits. Until that time they're losing money, so it's no stunt. They are exposing themselves to a lot of risk and asking us to help them determine if it's worth risking more.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #108  
Until they sell a kit for a profit they are losing money every minute they devote to the exercise instead of selling ready built attachments. That's not my idea of a sales gimmick. They probably won't recover their investment until they have sold quite a few kits. Until that time they're losing money, so it's no stunt. They are exposing themselves to a lot of risk and asking us to help them determine if it's worth risking more.

the parts are already on the assembly line ,walk out back take all parts and throw them in a box ,the assembly process has already been done or they would not have the ability to have new employees build them , I'm pretty sure if you can't figuire out the parts to a box blade you probably shouldn't be driving a tractor pulling one !

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #109  
the parts are already on the assembly line ,walk out back take all parts and throw them in a box ,the assembly process has already been done or they would not have the ability to have new employees build them , I'm pretty sure if you can't figuire out the parts to a box blade you probably shouldn't be driving a tractor pulling one !

"There's nothing so simple that it can't be done rong."