ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #191  
dang....I was just down there in mooresville NC for the week. I should have thought about you guys and stopped in:mur:

Crazy's on the road for sure:confused2: I flew out around noon and at between 10 and 11 on the way to charlotte airport....:confused2: you guys really aren't used to bad weather down there are you???

Hows the new job?

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #192  
I haven't followed this thread too closely but my general impression is that maybe only 20 or 30 members seemed excited about the kit concept. Maybe EA adjusted their program as the limited interest became apparent?

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #193  
dang....I was just down there in mooresville NC for the week. I should have thought about you guys and stopped in:mur:

Crazy's on the road for sure:confused2: I flew out around noon and at between 10 and 11 on the way to charlotte airport....:confused2: you guys really arent used to bad weather down there are you???
It's a full moon.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #194  
I'm really not on the defensive. Just trying to explain things. Everyone's gone except for me due to the weather so i'm just typing here in between phone calls and maybe not thinking about how my posts sound.

As it stands, we are offering a box blade:
I've explained the reasoning for choosing a box blade.
Ted picked the winner knowing he had a box blade. He would like to see our box blade assembled and compared to the other box blade. The winner may choose to keep, sell or give away our box blade or his box blade; whichever he prefers.
I have a Samsung TV that i'm extremely happy with. It works fine and satisfies my TV needs.
If Sony called me up and offered to send me one of their TVs free of charge to see how I like it, I'm not going to decline and ask for a receiver or blu-ray player instead. I'm gonna take the TV and smile real big.
Hmmmmmmm......I wonder just what Samsung has in that $1,500 TV I bought. Bet I got ripped.....Shoulda bought a Vizio for half the price.

I'm going to leave it with you guys for the weekend and venture home with all the crazies on the road!!
Travis

Are you gonna get it shipped in pieces and assemble it too?:p

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #195  
I suspect a significant consideration in EA's choice of a winner is their location relative to EA's HQ. That is EA's right to do so as well. Even if I had received the most votes in the contest, I knew full well the chances of being picked were slim and none since I live in BFC (Bum Frak Colorado).

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #196  
Given the time that has gone by since this contest ended I was supisious and wondered what was going on. It sure looks shady. I'm not saying Grumpy Old Man is 100% right BUT he sure is making more sense than the rest of us. Everything Attachments got this contest locked down to one and only one type of kit. I bet if we all had to know that from the start a lot of members would have moved on.

I was nominated as well and thanks to the people who nominated me. I really appreciated that but knew I'd never win because of my location plus the fact the product was made in the good old US of A there wouldn't be any chance that it would be shipped to Canada to be assembled :rolleyes:

Now don't get me wrong. It's not sour grapes on my part. I never intended to keep the implement if I won it and did the assembly. I had already offered it to another TBN member for free if I did win but the problem I'm having with this is the fact that its now just a one choice kit and a box blade and that's it :confused3:

EA is wrong to say that the winner should take it because its free. I'm sure the winner was looking forward to assembling a kit that he could actually use. I'm sure the winner is like most of us in having a limited amount of time to get things done so to offer him something he already has is senseless.

EA, give the winner a kit that he can use and both you and he will benefit by it. He gets something he needs and will be much more interested in building and you'll benefit after the build because he can give you feedback later on the longevity of the implement including its short comings.

At this point EA is not looking very credible in my eyes. They were involved in this right from the start and now they should make this right and make it happen.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #197  
Hows the new job?

So far...not too bad. Still alot of unknowns cause I wont be at the "home plant" for another 6 weeks. Then there is going to be alot of figuring out to do. These places are all a bit different in how the places are run. It is all up to how the local managment runs things. When I was in indy, their "shop" sucked. Just a bench, vise, and an arbor press. Thats it. I was a bit disappointed that there was no "fab" or "machining" stuff. They were telling me that is just how this company is.

Fast forward to my NC trip, and they had a MUCH better shop and a mill and lathe on order:D So pretty much they didnt have anyone who was skilled enough to justify it in indy. But NC was different. Hopefully more like Ohio is going to be :thumbsup:

But as a whole, they are treating us well for the traveling and training. As expected. But I really wont know for sure how well I am going to like things until we are settled in back in ohio, and production up and running.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #198  
Now onto the EA thing....I can see both sides here.

1. It was said that the winner could choose an implement (within reason) that he/she could put to good use. If it was known upfront that it was going to be a box blade, maybe things would have been different?? It wouldnt have changed my opinion, cause I dont have one of them and would like to, but I see the frustration of already having one and thats all you got to choose from.

2. OTOH, EA is giving something away for FREE. And if a BB is what they want to give away (probabally cause it is their best seller), so be it. But they should have told everyone upfront. But regardless, someone is still getting a kit for FREE. I guess the quote "beggars cant be choosers" kinda comes to mind in this respect. But maybe people would not have begged if they could only get a BB???

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #199  
Not all that big of a deal if all you can choose was a BB then so be it. I have one and had my name in the hat too, my BB is a HOWSE (if I remember right) I bought it from Farm & Fleet when they went under in my area some dozen years back. It does not have any Removable Blades and just generic rippers.

I'm great at this kind of building as I fabricated industrial Equipment from scratch for years. anyhow well take a good look at the parts when they are posted pics...

Mark

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #200  
I am on the "take it build it and sell the other one or the kit" (side?)be that as it may be and move on. A build is a build is a build having 2 similar tools side by side to compare is ideal so say a guy never had a BB how does he know how it compares? my .002

Like I said I had one and didn't put my name in because imo letting someone else get the chance made more sense to me. Would I have sold one had I entered heck yes!!!