ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #211  
I wonder if that means EA will give a BB to a runner up if they really want the feed back on a bb build?

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #212  
I spoke with Travis earlier to let him know I decided on the 72" Wicked Root Grapple.

Since this golden opportunity for a grapple just parachuted into your lap, I was wondering if you have had a chance to research grapple width on compact tractors. Personally, I'd get the narrowest one they offer, especially if the tines are spaced more closely.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #213  
Since this golden opportunity for a grapple just parachuted into your lap, I was wondering if you have had a chance to research grapple width on compact tractors. Personally, I'd get the narrowest one they offer, especially if the tines are spaced more closely.

I started a thread on grapple sizing but I did not get may replies. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/269867-another-grapple-sizing-thread.html#post3167028 I have read grapple threads in the past and did last night before I made my decision. I found a few guys that had comparable tractors with comparable loader capacities and they had a 72'' grapple. My conclusion was that anyone that had a grapple of any size loved it. The 72'' grapple weighs approximately 430lbs the 54'' grapple is only 70lbs lighter. I can't see 70lbs making a big difference. This tractor has the biggest loader that Kubota puts on a compact tractor. The tractor has a 72'' bucket and it handles it very well. Is there any reason you would prefer a smaller grapple?

Everything Attachments Wicked Root Grapple for Compact Tractors

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #214  
I started a thread on grapple sizing but I did not get may replies. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/269867-another-grapple-sizing-thread.html#post3167028 I have read grapple threads in the past and did last night before I made my decision. I found a few guys that had comparable tractors with comparable loader capacities and they had a 72'' grapple. My conclusion was that anyone that had a grapple of any size loved it. The 72'' grapple weighs approximately 430lbs the 54'' grapple is only 70lbs lighter. I can't see 70lbs making a big difference. This tractor has the biggest loader that Kubota puts on a compact tractor. The tractor has a 72'' bucket and it handles it very well. Is there any reason you would prefer a smaller grapple?

Everything Attachments Wicked Root Grapple for Compact Tractors

What loader do you have and how much can you lift?

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #216  
LA854 loader it lifts 18XXlbs @ 500mm

A little something I just learned about Kubota loaders that might not be obvious to my American friends (or maybe it is and I'm just the last to know), the model number is actually the lift capacity in kg. LA854 can lift 854kg = 1882.75lbs.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #217  
Mine's a WRLong RBG66 which is a clam shell style, 66 inches wide, 630 lbs. It's great on the tracked loader but "feels out of balance" on the L4330. When I posted that comment, I didn't realize that yours only weighed 430. I bet you'll be happy with that. A couple of minor points on width: sometimes it's nice to pluck stuff from between trees or other obstacle you don't want to damage. Also when pushing brush piles on uneven ground, one end of the grapple is plowing while the other end is letting stuff escape below it. In these cases, narrow is better but probably, not by much.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #218  
A little something I just learned about Kubota loaders that might not be obvious to my American friends (or maybe it is and I'm just the last to know), the model number is actually the lift capacity in kg. LA854 can lift 854kg = 1882.75lbs.

You learned me something:thumbsup: I guess that is true for the older loaders. I will have to look and see now.

A couple of minor points on width: sometimes it's nice to pluck stuff from between trees or other obstacle you don't want to damage. Also when pushing brush piles on uneven ground, one end of the grapple is plowing while the other end is letting stuff escape below it. In these cases, narrow is better but probably, not by much.

I understand about the extra width on uneven ground, it would be nice to have a tilt attach. I just wanted something to clear my tire tracks. The tractor is 72" wide.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #219  
Yea I knew that about the loader, but you actually have it a bit wrong....

the LA 854 loader is only 850 kg lift capacity. or 1870lbs.

the last number refers to the "series" of loader.

So the 854 is the "4th" make of THAT loader.

My LA463 is a 460kg loader of the 3rd make.

What gets interesting is that for their loader nomenclature, they changed where they measure at. The loader that replaced my 463 is a 524 (i think) on the new 3800's. SAME lift capacity, series 4, just measured at a different point.