Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    TYM T293

Default Re: ETA TBN member nomination thread

I nominate Artisan.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Grand View Post
    I nominate mjncad.
    He does nice work.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Might be better off nominating the 'least' qualilified candidate.

So far what I've seen is the 'experts', that can build a 50 story highrise out of tinfoil and duct tape

Seriously though...........if EA is going to market the products to the 'average Joe'.........ya really need an 'average Joe' to be the 'guinea pig'(so to speak).
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

I am far from an expert. Just not a city-slicker neither.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

I would like to nominate myself. Don't have high end welding equipment but enough to get a job done. Here the landplane I built. Also built a 68in grapple
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-2317097814-jpg   -image-3601562866-jpg  
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Might be better off nominating the 'least' qualilified candidate.

So far what I've seen is the 'experts', that can build a 50 story highrise out of tinfoil and duct tape

Seriously though...........if EA is going to market the products to the 'average Joe'.........ya really need an 'average Joe' to be the 'guinea pig'(so to speak).
    I nominated 4shorts not for the skills but his striving for perfection. I think 4shorts is the man that can deliver not only the product but the documentation as well.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    I nominated 4shorts not for the skills but his striving for perfection. I think 4shorts is the man that can deliver not only the product but the documentation as well.
    Well thank you very much Ladia. I really appreciate your vote and your confidence in my work. ::

Now if I may I'd like to express my opinion on this "contest".

I really feel the manufacturer is taking a Hugh risk doing it this way. By having a vote on the person to assemble their kit don't necessarily mean that their product is going to be properly represented. If it were my product I'd want to insure that every aspect of the unit was done to perfection because after all it is going to represent each and every item you try and sell after it.

By having this contest this way just means your we'll designed product will end up in the hands of either the most popular person on TBN or the member with the most friends. It doesn't mean it will end up in the hands of someone who will represent it to its full potential. If you feel your product is a quality item then it should show quality right to the end including the fitment, welds and documentation. I've done plenty of this stuff in the past and all of those items need to go together to properly represent a product.
    Now for the people who state that the kit shouldn't be done by a "pro" we'll I don't know what a "pro" is. I haven't met one yet. Every day is a learning day for me and improvement is something I've worked on each and every day of my life.

If it were my product I'd want the very best out there whoever that may be to do it to show others just how good it can be done.
    Also, just because someone is nominated it doesn't mean that the nominee will except so any nominations should be verified with the person involved to see if they are actually interested before the voting proceeds.

To the manufacture of these kits. Thread lightly, I'm sure you'll want your product to be represented as best as it possibly can be and I'm not sure this is the way to go. You only get one chance at a first impression.
    Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by 4shorts; 11-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158

Quote Originally Posted by tkappeler View Post
    I nominate Artisan.
    I second that. I think Artisan is a good choice based on what I have read and seen here of his work.

And it has nothing to do with that case of Omaha Steaks he sent me yesterday.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post
    I second that. I think Artisan is a good choice based on what I have read and seen here of his work.

And it has nothing to do with that case of Omaha Steaks he sent me yesterday.
    He sent me Hamburger...
    Murph

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

Might get a few GOOD MEN upset by this, but let me see if I can put it NICELY.
    The bunch of us nominating a "PRO" to evaluate EA's attachment probably isn't a good idea. You can bet that the implement they decide to try out has already had several "PROs" build it, right in their own shop, because it will probably be a tried and tested implement. They just want to see if they can still make money on it while saving us a little for doing the assembly work. Granted, finding someone that can do it, give great feedback and pictures (for us on TBN) that would like to have said implement is a chore in itself, but to be fair to EA, the job that really needs to be figured out, is if the "average JOE" can do it without messing up half the parts, or just giving up in the middle of it due to it's complex nature. If the "PRO" can do it, nobody will be surprised, but if the average JOE can do it, everyone will realize that most likely they can do it too, which is what EA needs. Basically, I enjoy the postings of most of the people listed, but I am not sure they are going to be EA"s best choice. My thoughts are that maybe we all need to take a look at past projects, find one that was done with marginal tooling, mostly hand tools, where the poster was reasonably intelligent, explained the post well, and answered the questions shot at him with good answers.
    Now, some of you may think that the next thing I would do is nominate myself, but that isn't going to happen, and would appreciate it if nobody did. I don't want all of you guys critiquing my welds and assembly procedures. There is a guy I know who would probably do a great job of it, HOWEVER, while being a member here, he doesn't post often, if at all. He is more of a reader when it comes to TBN, so I will pass on nominating him.
    Consider wisely, and let the kits begin!
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast