ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #23  
Might be better off nominating the 'least' qualilified candidate.

So far what I've seen is the 'experts', that can build a 50 story highrise out of tinfoil and duct tape:)

Seriously though...........if EA is going to market the products to the 'average Joe'.........ya really need an 'average Joe' to be the 'guinea pig'(so to speak).

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #24  
I am far from an expert. Just not a city-slicker neither.;)

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #25  
I would like to nominate myself. Don't have high end welding equipment but enough to get a job done. Here the landplane I built. Also built a 68in grapple

Attachments

• image-3601562866.jpg
    image-3601562866.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 153
  • image-2317097814.jpg
    image-2317097814.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 142
   / ETA TBN member nomination thread #26  
Might be better off nominating the 'least' qualilified candidate.

So far what I've seen is the 'experts', that can build a 50 story highrise out of tinfoil and duct tape:)

Seriously though...........if EA is going to market the products to the 'average Joe'.........ya really need an 'average Joe' to be the 'guinea pig'(so to speak).

I nominated 4shorts not for the skills but his striving for perfection. I think 4shorts is the man that can deliver not only the product but the documentation as well.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #27  
I nominated 4shorts not for the skills but his striving for perfection. I think 4shorts is the man that can deliver not only the product but the documentation as well.

Well thank you very much Ladia. I really appreciate your vote and your confidence in my work. :: :thumbsup:

Now if I may I'd like to express my opinion on this "contest".

I really feel the manufacturer is taking a Hugh risk doing it this way. By having a vote on the person to assemble their kit don't necessarily mean that their product is going to be properly represented. If it were my product I'd want to insure that every aspect of the unit was done to perfection because after all it is going to represent each and every item you try and sell after it.

By having this contest this way just means your we'll designed product will end up in the hands of either the most popular person on TBN or the member with the most friends. It doesn't mean it will end up in the hands of someone who will represent it to its full potential. If you feel your product is a quality item then it should show quality right to the end including the fitment, welds and documentation. I've done plenty of this stuff in the past and all of those items need to go together to properly represent a product.
Now for the people who state that the kit shouldn't be done by a "pro" we'll I don't know what a "pro" is. I haven't met one yet. Every day is a learning day for me and improvement is something I've worked on each and every day of my life.

If it were my product I'd want the very best out there whoever that may be to do it to show others just how good it can be done.
Also, just because someone is nominated it doesn't mean that the nominee will except so any nominations should be verified with the person involved to see if they are actually interested before the voting proceeds.

To the manufacture of these kits. Thread lightly, I'm sure you'll want your product to be represented as best as it possibly can be and I'm not sure this is the way to go. You only get one chance at a first impression.
Just my 2 cents :2cents:

Last edited:
   / ETA TBN member nomination thread #28  
I nominate Artisan.

I second that. I think Artisan is a good choice based on what I have read and seen here of his work.

And it has nothing to do with that case of Omaha Steaks he sent me yesterday. :thumbsup:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #29  
I second that. I think Artisan is a good choice based on what I have read and seen here of his work.

And it has nothing to do with that case of Omaha Steaks he sent me yesterday. :thumbsup:

He sent me Hamburger...:shocked:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #30  
Might get a few GOOD MEN upset by this, but let me see if I can put it NICELY.
The bunch of us nominating a "PRO" to evaluate EA's attachment probably isn't a good idea. You can bet that the implement they decide to try out has already had several "PROs" build it, right in their own shop, because it will probably be a tried and tested implement. They just want to see if they can still make money on it while saving us a little for doing the assembly work. Granted, finding someone that can do it, give great feedback and pictures (for us on TBN) that would like to have said implement is a chore in itself, but to be fair to EA, the job that really needs to be figured out, is if the "average JOE" can do it without messing up half the parts, or just giving up in the middle of it due to it's complex nature. If the "PRO" can do it, nobody will be surprised, but if the average JOE can do it, everyone will realize that most likely they can do it too, which is what EA needs. Basically, I enjoy the postings of most of the people listed, but I am not sure they are going to be EA"s best choice. My thoughts are that maybe we all need to take a look at past projects, find one that was done with marginal tooling, mostly hand tools, where the poster was reasonably intelligent, explained the post well, and answered the questions shot at him with good answers.
Now, some of you may think that the next thing I would do is nominate myself, but that isn't going to happen, and would appreciate it if nobody did. I don't want all of you guys critiquing my welds and assembly procedures. There is a guy I know who would probably do a great job of it, HOWEVER, while being a member here, he doesn't post often, if at all. He is more of a reader when it comes to TBN, so I will pass on nominating him.
Consider wisely, and let the kits begin!
David from jax