Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 Kubota b2920

I believe that we need to hear from Travis or Ted from ETA.

Who do they want? A "pro"? A DIY? Or a beginner that has little to no experience.

My opinion; Nothing good will come of bickering over who should or should not build and post with pictures this attachment.

Waiting for direction before I nominate!

Thanks

Eric
    ericher69
    IAFF Local 849

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

Default Re: ETA TBN member nomination thread

I agree, it would be nice to hear from Travis or Ted on what exactly they are looking for as a trial.

From the examples of craftsmanship I have seen from some of the members on here, they could make a great implement even if they started by rolling their own steel, and making it all from scratch. While I know the finished project would be perfect, I wonder it it would be the best way to test the kits?

On the other hand we dont want someone such as myself, "I will guaranteeee it is stout, but it is gonna be butt ugly and dont need no stinkin paint"

Fortunately we have time for everyone to give their input as hopefully will also the folks at EA and with all those sharp minds focusing on something no doubt it will be a success. As to bickering, this isnt friendly politics so I am sure all will be mellow. I really like the way Aaron suggested that you can vote for as many candidates as you want when you vote, I think it will help balance things out.
    Rick

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by tungularafishcamp View Post
    " dont need no stinkin paint"
    That is why I would like to see a kit with the surface prep work already done. Weld it up, clean it up and paint it up. I often don't paint because it would take me much longer to prep it than it took me to assemble it (using wire wheels, flap wheels etc.). Maybe some day I will have a sandblaster

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I say it is discrimination ! What about me....? I super glue, I staple, I rivet , duct tape, bale wire and tape but I do not weld ...So what happens to me ...? Am I just lost here with no chance...?
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I say it is discrimination ! What about me....? I super glue, I staple, I rivet , duct tape, bale wire and tape but I do not weld ...So what happens to me ...? Am I just lost here with no chance...?
    Brin we need to fix that..If I can weld YOU can weld, in fact anyone can do it.! We need to help get you a welder. Let me tell you, it is pretty darn enjoyable to "glue" a couple of pieces of steel together with a welder. You ARE missing out.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I am going to nominate myself. I am a decent welder. I have a Snap on MM140SL MIG welder and a TIG conversion for it. I also have a Lincoln stick welder and a set oxy acetylene torches. I have other fabricating tools like a chop saw, metal cutting band saw, bench grinder, hand grinders, etc. I have a assortment of hand tools.

Here are some of my projects.
    3PH Pallet mover- http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...let-mover.html
    Harbor Freight QH modification- http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...-problems.html
    My L4240 thread, mainly the hooks on the bucket- http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/254959-l4240-upgrades.html
    My BX2360 thread, mainly the tie downs- http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...-upgrades.html

I am just your average hard working American. I think it would be a honor to get to build the first build it yourself attachment kit from Everything Attachments. When I do make something I always try my hardest to give it a factory appearance.
    Last edited by 94BULLITT; 11-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    I believe that we need to hear from Travis or Ted from ETA.

Who do they want? A "pro"? A DIY? Or a beginner that has little to no experience.

My opinion; Nothing good will come of bickering over who should or should not build and post with pictures this attachment.

Waiting for direction before I nominate!

Thanks

Eric
    The steering wheel is in your hands guys. It wouldn't be fair for us to leave this up to you and then start making rules and guidelines. We already make the assembly process as simple as possible for our guys with indexing tabs for fitment but the necessary skills and tools already discussed will be needed.
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingAttachments

The steering wheel is in your hands guys. It wouldn't be fair for us to leave this up to you and then start making rules and guidelines. We already make the assembly process as simple as possible for our guys with indexing tabs for fitment but the necessary skills and tools already discussed will be needed.
    Who ever the winner is. Are they receiving it for free? Would this be possible for TBN only that we could purchase a kit and also give feedback?
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

I don't recall for sure, but didn't ETA mention giving out a couple kits? Maybe that would solve this huge dilema... one for the "very experienced" and one for the "average joe" maybe even one for a beginner. If not, whoever the winner is should choose something that is within their abilities- we all know what they are, but may not always be willing to admit.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

I think this should go to someone in the average joe to expert range. But not a beginner. After all, this kit most likely isnt marketed towards beginners. And it is doubtful that a beginner would have any desire to take something like this on as a first project.

I think it is marketed for someone who likes fabrication and likes building their own stuff, but doesnt necessarily have the equipment to form some of the pieces. Like the laser, roller, brake, etc.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540