ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #41  
Guys, this is a proof of concept. Somebody with some decent fab. skills should try it to be able to give EA feedback and recomendations so they can provide the best kit possible. Most of us don't know enough to even realize we're doing something the hard way or the engineering skills to be able to come up with a better one. I have no doubt any of us with a few basic tools could get the job done, but give it to somebody who's been around the block a few times to see how they would improve the process.

The documentation is as big a part of this as being able to build it. Most of us post pics of stuff we're doing, but few of us post fully edited, 45 min documentaries of the complete process. Again, this isn't something we all couldn't do, but it's a lot of work that is time consuming both during the project and after it's done, so most of us don't. Now that we're looking for this exact skill set, I think it's time to reward those who have done so, not expecting anything in return. It's pretty obvious who I'm talking about, and I've already nominated him, but if he wins or not, this should be a bit of a reward for service given to TBN members in the past. :2cents:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #42  
I'm gonna go all contrary on ya'll.
I think the nomination for the first build should go to someone who knows exactly what they are doing and can honestly evaluate how well the kit goes together, based on their vast experience. Someone who can determine if the fit-up is right, if the weld prep is right, if the weld instructions are right, if the assembly instructions make sense, and who can fix/adjust/modify as the need may arise and not get mired down in a lot of boo-hoo the kit ain't right delays.

EA has years of exeprience fabricating attachments in their shop with their people and their equipment. This can lead to a lot of things being done a certain way because that's how they always do 'em. These ways may not be so apparent to someone from the outside, so I'd expect a few glitches on the EA ===> consumer communications side of things on their first kit out the door. They may be great, but for cryin' out Christmas, they're not perfect!

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread
There you go the kit will go to the member with "the most toys" the "most know how" and who has the most friends/admirers.

Makes no sense to me to give this thing to a professional who has thousands/maybe $100K of tools and equipment when this probably is not the demographic of customers targeted.

I'm sure ETA has the ability and know how to put a kit together and may even do some in house assembly testing with a staff member that is not involved in the manufacturing process to work out the bugs and give a decent review.

Anyway good luck to the winner; I'm out!

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #44  
Everything Attatchments already knows that a professional can put them together because they do it everyday in their shop. I think they need a average person to put the first one together to so how practical it would be for a average Joe to do. If you have to get a professional welder to put one together you might as well buy the attachment because it would be cheaper.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #45  
ericher69 said:
There you go the kit will go to the member with "the most toys" the "most know how" and who has the most friends/admirers.

Makes no sense to me to give this thing to a professional who has thousands/maybe $100K of tools and equipment when this probably is not the demographic of customers targeted.

I'm sure ETA has the ability and know how to put a kit together and may even do some in house assembly testing with a staff member that is not involved in the manufacturing process to work out the bugs and give a decent review.

Anyway good luck to the winner; I'm out!

Lol, we said the same thing at the same time.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #46  
That was my impression: that the idea was to find out if there is any interest in kit-form implements and if the 'average Joe' can build them. Not provide engineering/fabrication analysis and feedback on their products.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #47  
That was my impression: that the idea was to find out if there is any interest in kit-form implements and if the 'average Joe' can build them. Not provide engineering/fabrication analysis and feedback on their products.

Then do away with the freebie kit and let those who are willing to pay for one
to purchase it, assemble it, and provide their unbiased feedback on the forum.

The quality of their build and documentation will be apparent to all so no worries
about quals. If they choose to list the tools and equipment they had available so
much the better.

Frankly I am looking to purchase now not 6 months from now after some Joe gets
done building the prototype. As I said I want it as a winter project so it is ready to
go this coming Spring and actually if I had it now I could use it now as I have 20 ton
of stone to spread and some driveway to dress up.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #48  
I am not nominating my self but I am volunteering to do it. I can be objective and also give subjective feedback. I am very interested in the idea because I feel it will be an asset for my business. I am fairly new to TBN. I do not care about keeping the implement, I can return it for your inspection. I feel this would be useful for your planning in the future. I have stated my interest in the concept, so my interest is moving the process on down the road. I have posted some repair work here if that is helpful.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #49  
Has anybody on here brought a product to market?
By that, I mean:
1) Had a great idea
2) Figured out how to make it work
3) Figured out how to make it profitable
4) Made it and sold it
5) Dealt with customers and their bizarre expectations / assumptions / complaints / warranty claims.

I want EA to succeed with this, right out of the gate.
The last thing I want is for them to say "why bother", because nobody else is even talking about trying it.
Believe it or not, this undertaking is not without some risk for them.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #50  
Baby Grand,
I wish I could start a business with as little risk as this venture has for EA. These are existing products. When somebody orders a DYI kit, they punch a couple buttons and they're laser cutter cuts them out. They print out some insturctions and put it in a card board box. I don't see much risk, if it doesn't work, they stop doing it. Any inventory of DIY kits they may have gets welded up in house and sold as product, their existing business continues as normal and there was no loss of investment.

Thats said, it only works if we can assemble the thing as they are cut out and the instructions are clear enough, hence a trial. I think this will prove to be more of a headache with people calling with issues etc, but time will tell.

If anything, the brilliance of the plan is to get several hundred people in your target market talking and discussing it all day long. Can't buy that kind of marketing!