Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Default Re: ETA TBN member nomination thread

Quote Originally Posted by spruce Deere View Post
    He does state 'MY' woman being out of work for three years.....

He almost got me too
    sorry ,getting old sometimes it shows (bad eyes ) old glasses !

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

U might be gettin old with bad eyes Grumpy but he originally did say he was an poor out of work woman (it was oddly worded) but after your comment he went back and cleared it up.
    Rick

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by tungularafishcamp View Post
    U might be gettin old with bad eyes Grumpy but he originally did say he was an poor out of work woman (it was oddly worded) but after your comment he went back and cleared it up.
    That"s good , I had a BAD MENTAL PICTURE !

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    That"s good , I had a BAD MENTAL PICTURE !
    Ya I had edited that part in and then posted it went back to re-edit it to add a couple links and had to FIX it (admittedly after Grumpy caught it...) Heck I got a chuckle out of it myself
    Mark M (AKA SPIKER)
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Only ~53 hours left for nominations...

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

you will find out how good the kit is by what level builder they pick , if it is a high end pro they are scared the average joe will not be able to build it and they just want to showcase their product ,not prove the average tractor owner can build their own !

Platinum Member
    Tractor

I have been debating upon whether to throw my hat in the ring. Finally decided that I am interested in doing so. So I guess I am nominating myself.

Positives:
    I am a very detailed oriented individual.
    I do good work and document things to a high detail due to previous training.
    Recent project documented here:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/h...ol-valves.html
    Have O/A welding experience from 40 years back. Have tanks/torch/tips equipment.
    Only recent stick welding experience. A year ago acquired 250 amp stick welder which is a very nice piece of equipment.

Negatives:
    Long time O/A skills but limited arc welding experience (only one years worth) but have a forum member (Shieldarc) who has been mentoring me and he is an asset of immense skills. Wish I knew 1% of what he does.
    Time limitation due to primary job can take me longer than I would like to do some projects.
    Last edited by Furu; 11-28-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Well i nominate myself. I have little experience welding but i do have a 230v mig (cheap one). I know my welds are not the prettiest but i can get good penetration. I have a good local welding shop to finish if I'm really having trouble. I can paint just like anyone else, but i do have access to a sand blaster and paint booth if I really desire. I have a digital camera to document. I think I'm right in eta's target demographic as I desire/need a land plane but I'm out of there shipping area( central Canada just north of north Dakota). I have good fitment skills and can follow technical instructions well because of previous training. And I'm willing to cost share on the project. I have the attitude that if its built by a man, i can fix it. If you can do it,so can I. but it remains that if i can do it so can you. Thank you.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    John Deere 790 w/ 300 loader

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    you will find out how good the kit is by what level builder they pick , if it is a high end pro they are scared the average joe will not be able to build it and they just want to showcase their product ,not prove the average tractor owner can build their own !
    One might be surprised on the amount of major brand names such as John deere, kubota, new holland, land pride, woods, frontier, rankin and such that show up at the dealers of said implements that are merely BOLT together box blades, rear blades, cultivators, packers, discs, front end loaders and even backhoes.

New Holland ships there small square balers to dealers on big timbers proped up on one side. Get the hitch, tires bolted on and some grease'n minor set up on the pick-ups is usually all that is necessary. Hard part is lowering the thing down safely to do all that is needed.

If one can read and understand instructions o.k, and have something there to lift and hold heavy, bulky items into position its all over but tightening the bolts on LOTS of implements.

Whats even more shocking is what dealers STAB the customer for "assembly". Say, may only take an hour to COMPLETELY finish, but the literature states a 2 hour assembly.... so guess what time actually gets passed on to the customer.

Some pneumatic tools and torque wrench, most is covered.
    790 JD W/ 300 loader
    Lots of implements for loader and 3pt
    Can't do it burn'n diesel, is not worth do'n

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Below is the list of nominees (in alphabetical order). If you aren't on the list (but should be) please let me know before 12 Noon Eastern time on Monday the 3rd.
    1. 4Shorts
    2. 94BULLITT
    3. Artisan
    4. catdozer
    5. charlz
    6. dstig1
    7. Furu
    8. john25mm
    9. LD1
    10. mjncad
    11. muddstopper
    12. PILOON
    13. Reyer Farms
    14. SPIKER
    15. spruce Deere
    16. wroughtn_harv
    17. yelbike

Thanks

Aaron Z
    Last edited by aczlan; 12-02-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Add dstig1
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast