ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #82  
U might be gettin old with bad eyes Grumpy but he originally did say he was an poor out of work woman (it was oddly worded) but after your comment he went back and cleared it up.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #86  
you will find out how good the kit is by what level builder they pick , if it is a high end pro they are scared the average joe will not be able to build it and they just want to showcase their product ,not prove the average tractor owner can build their own !:thumbdown:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #87  
I have been debating upon whether to throw my hat in the ring. Finally decided that I am interested in doing so. So I guess I am nominating myself.

Positives:
I am a very detailed oriented individual.
I do good work and document things to a high detail due to previous training.
Recent project documented here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/260184-adding-multiple-hydraulic-control-valves.html
Have O/A welding experience from 40 years back. Have tanks/torch/tips equipment.
Only recent stick welding experience. A year ago acquired 250 amp stick welder which is a very nice piece of equipment.

Negatives:
Long time O/A skills but limited arc welding experience (only one years worth) but have a forum member (Shieldarc) who has been mentoring me and he is an asset of immense skills. Wish I knew 1% of what he does.
Time limitation due to primary job can take me longer than I would like to do some projects.

Last edited:
   / ETA TBN member nomination thread #88  
Well i nominate myself. I have little experience welding but i do have a 230v mig (cheap one). I know my welds are not the prettiest but i can get good penetration. I have a good local welding shop to finish if I'm really having trouble. I can paint just like anyone else, but i do have access to a sand blaster and paint booth if I really desire. I have a digital camera to document. I think I'm right in eta's target demographic as I desire/need a land plane but I'm out of there shipping area( central Canada just north of north Dakota). I have good fitment skills and can follow technical instructions well because of previous training. And I'm willing to cost share on the project. I have the attitude that if its built by a man, i can fix it. If you can do it,so can I. but it remains that if i can do it so can you. Thank you.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #89  
you will find out how good the kit is by what level builder they pick , if it is a high end pro they are scared the average joe will not be able to build it and they just want to showcase their product ,not prove the average tractor owner can build their own !:thumbdown:

One might be surprised on the amount of major brand names such as John deere, kubota, new holland, land pride, woods, frontier, rankin and such that show up at the dealers of said implements that are merely BOLT together box blades, rear blades, cultivators, packers, discs, front end loaders and even backhoes.

New Holland ships there small square balers to dealers on big timbers proped up on one side. Get the hitch, tires bolted on and some grease'n minor set up on the pick-ups is usually all that is necessary. Hard part is lowering the thing down safely to do all that is needed.

If one can read and understand instructions o.k, and have something there to lift and hold heavy, bulky items into position its all over but tightening the bolts on LOTS of implements.

Whats even more shocking is what dealers STAB the customer for "assembly". Say, may only take an hour to COMPLETELY finish, but the literature states a 2 hour assembly.... so guess what time actually gets passed on to the customer.

Some pneumatic tools and torque wrench, most is covered.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #90  
Below is the list of nominees (in alphabetical order). If you aren't on the list (but should be) please let me know before 12 Noon Eastern time on Monday the 3rd.
  1. 4Shorts
  2. 94BULLITT
  3. Artisan
  4. catdozer
  5. charlz
  6. dstig1
  7. Furu
  8. john25mm
  9. LD1
  10. mjncad
  11. muddstopper
  12. PILOON