3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
I made some chains hooks for the bucket.
Cut off the eyelet on each hook and welded them to some 1/4" plate to spread out the load and strenghten the mounting area.
I may beef up the front edge of the bucket with some extra steel to keep it from flexing or bending over the years.
also
Two of my shop buddies waitng for snacks.
Tom

new tractor 392.jpgnew tractor 395.jpgnew tractor 397.jpgNEW ROTTIE 095.jpgnew tractor 399.jpgnew tractor 400.jpgnew tractor 401.jpgnew tractor 402.jpgnew tractor 403.jpg

Last edited:
   / 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #2  
That's the way I do mine except I'll run an extra piece of plate the whole length of the bucket(if needed). I also added a 2 inch reciever in the center, works great for multible stuff, hook, shackle, vise.........

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #3  
Ooops sorry forgot to add very nicely done :thumbsup:

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #4  
Good job, great looking dogs.

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #5  
Very nice! Yes I also welded on a plate to the top of the bucket, it was 3/8" all most as wide as the bucket and almost as long as the bucket. Worked really well!:thumbsup:

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #6  
Great looking and positioned in the right place on the bucket. Good looking welds, too.

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #7  
looks good.

The only thing i might add is that the 'made for welding' hooks would sit lower to the plate. That means less strain on the weld.

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #8  
I've seen the top of the bucket reinforced with a piece of channel iron, then hooks welded to that.

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #9  
Ive done exact same thing and like others took old receiver hitch off truck and cut center out of the receiver leaving the cross tube about 3' wide and welded it upside down on the bucket. it has only been "TACK WELDED" in for 10 years :eek: as I planned on welding in 5ea. 2.25" SQ Tube receivers spaced out to accept a yet to be made grapple which I will get to maybe someday if I have to ;) I have all those small parts just not the cylinder or the grapple grippers parts.

M

/ 3/8" CHAIN HOOKS FOR FEL BUCKET #10  
Looks good BD:thumbsup:

A 2" pipe welded under the bucket lip across the whole length and to the sides will add a lot of strength as well, but I think that is overkill (as well as 3/8" hooks) for your 2320.