Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Default Re: DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time

Real nice job! I'm coming up on retirement, and first project will be a DIY cab for my 2305. You've given me some ideas :-)

Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

very talented! looks like some sort of heavy armor war machine!

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Thank you. Since I built it in our one shop at work, the guys kept track of the progress. When the pieces were put together on the tractor they informed me it was no longer a kubota. The renamed it "The Tank".

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Just went back a few pages and looked again at your cab...very nice, indeed. (Those forward-facing lights are a real help, I bet!) Seems with most any of the vehicles I've ever played with, "weight is the enemy"-- but the reverse seems to be true with tractors. Any idea how much extra weight the cab added? I bet it helps with traction.

Have you had a chance to play in the snow yet? Did you folks get hit a week or so back, or did you manage to escape that storm? Matter of fact, looks like you might get some more tonight; we're supposed to miss this one. Got about a foot last Tuesday, but a lot of the snow is now going away-- though slowly. WBB
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Quote Originally Posted by irvingj View Post
    Just went back a few pages and looked again at your cab...very nice, indeed. (Those forward-facing lights are a real help, I bet!) Seems with most any of the vehicles I've ever played with, "weight is the enemy"-- but the reverse seems to be true with tractors. Any idea how much extra weight the cab added? I bet it helps with traction.

Have you had a chance to play in the snow yet? Did you folks get hit a week or so back, or did you manage to escape that storm? Matter of fact, looks like you might get some more tonight; we're supposed to miss this one. Got about a foot last Tuesday, but a lot of the snow is now going away-- though slowly. WBB
    I believe the cab weighs around 250#. Still no snow because I don't count the 1-1/2" I scurried out to scrape before it melted. You guys got all of the snow this winter. Mebbe next year! We go in spurts here. Some winters are no-shows and others are a lot more "for real". I'm glad I did the build. It'll come in handy one of these days. Heck, I remmeber some early and late season mowing in the evenings that had me pretty chilly.

Tractor
    kubota b2620,b8200

Wow great job, i came here from the link you posted on someone elses build. I guess you got to "play " yesterday. All we got was rain ( i'm just below chestertown md abt 60 miles south of you)

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Quote Originally Posted by bandaidmd View Post
    .................... I guess you got to "play " yesterday. All we got was rain ( i'm just below chestertown md abt 60 miles south of you)
    You're right. I got to play for a few hours with very heavy snow for a few hours. Shovelling the few feet of sidewalk for the neighbor and a small amount at my garage doors was enough hand work. That snow was almost as heavy as dirt.

Today's a different story. Freezing rain is what hit us this time. There are a couple large limbs down in the driveway and I'm not comfortable going under the trees to clear them till some of the ice melts off. The property looks like a tree trimmer was here and didn't clean up after himself. I was out for about 10 minutes to move my pickup away from a tree. While keeping one eye on the tree I had to use my MAPP gas torch to thaw the door so it would open. In the short time I was outside four more big branches fell. Things are a mess around here but amazingly the power hasn't gone off - yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time-limbs.jpg  

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213