DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #41  
I am looking at this on mobile, so you may have already answered my question, if you have sorry.

What are you doing for glass?

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time
A guy at a local hardware store told me he could get tinted laminated safety glass for around $10/square foot a week or so ago. Today when I dropped the patterns with him he said he'd have to chech with his supplier on the details.

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #43  
That looks spectacular.
Awesome work my man:thumbsup:

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #44  
I see you live in Lancaster PA, hardly a heavy snow area. I am in Erie County in a major snowbelt with the winds and snow coming off Lake Erie and temps can dip into the -double digits on some days during the winter months. I built my cab about 15 to 18 years ago and it is Aluminum and Plexi-Glass with no insulation at all. I did put some foam on the roof to cut the noise though, and most days when I am blowing snow I take my hat and gloves off because I am too warm! The heat from the transmission keeps it warm enough to keep the glass fog free unless I blow directly into the wind and it blows back on the windshield. What I am getting at is I think that heater will be overkill! Just my opinion! The cab so far look excellent! Great job!! cant wait to see the finished product. Ken. W8N4-SNO!

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time
600rider, i envy you We have some winters with so little snow it's pathetic. Every so often we have a real winter. I take care of my place and a few others. That's a little over 1,200 feet of driveway. Seems I end up clearing snow at night or early am. Doesn't take much wind and blowing snow to take some of the fun out of it for me.

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #46  
Very cool build and great step by step thread. I have never welded, but would very much like to learn how. I signed up for a welding class at my local community college, and am hoping I can attend the spring semester (I'm on a waiting list). Keep up the good work!

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #47  
WOW! that thing looks awesome! Forget a factory cab, I want you to build mine!!!!!!! Ummm....maybe.....Santa?

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #49  
...What I am getting at is I think that heater will be overkill! Just my opinion!

I disagree, a cab with no heat is a huge improvement just to stay out of the wind and blowing snow, but something about clearing snow in a major snow storm in a tee shirt puts a smile on your face. The heater will definetly help keep the glass clear, although a small 12V fan might help too. I often have to run the A/C with the heat to keep the windsheild clear.

Very nice job on the cab, it's got a very cool look to it. I can't wait to see it with paint.

/ DIY Cab - Finally decided it was time #50  
Very nice build. Looking forward to the glass install pictures.