Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure #1  

200TrueBlue

Tractor
Max 28 XL
Giving it a shot !! No welder or fabricator/designer here but seeing there is no cab available soft or hard i
figured i would try and come up with something for the winter. This is what i've got so far and need
to come up with some ideas what to cover it with? PT Plywood painted black for the lower sections
and lexan for the door, front window and back. I could also have the local sail shop make something
from that heavy truckers vinyl fabric with plastic windows and a lexan front?

Had to make a bracket to move the FEL control in and it looks much better with
hoses inside the frame. Also the Brake had to be modified to fit inside.
Frame mounts on the floor boards with two existing holes and also one bracket at
the rear with one of the ROP bolts. (3/4" Tubing)

Right now its about 50lbs and i can lift it off no problem.

Pic 6.JPGPic 2.JPGPic 3.JPGPic 4.JPGPic 5.JPG

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure #2  
How could you go wrong ???????? A name brand cab ( if you were to find one made to fit ) would be at least five grand with heat and no air. With a metal structure, lexan, or glass I don't see the price going near two grand. ( minus your labor ) Light weight is a plus if one has a need to remove it for any reason. No rocket science involved, just a basic box structure. A great rewarding project that will last many years.

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure #3  
There is a cab being made for the Max 28 but it is a fabric setup and I am not a fan of fabric. I plan on starting a cab build for mine very soon as well. Looking forward to following your build. One question did you reposition your FEL lever? Mine sticks out past the floor by a few inches.

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure
Yes a bracket to modify the position of the FEL Control and modified the Brake
by 1 " so now everything is inside. Are u the guy i dropped by with Don Jr to
look at your 28XL ?

Who did u hear that is making a cab ?

TB

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure #5  
Don told me a company called Cover My Tractor was making a hard top canvas sides with an optional hard front windshield. He has one coming in for a customer and was going to call me so I could drop out for a look. Still think I will build my own though. With the RDF we get in here a roof and front windshield is a must.

/ Max 28 XL Cab Enclosure
Get me through this winter now.

Cab 003_1.JPGCab 002_1.JPG

Attachments

• Cab 002.jpg
    Cab 002.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 516