3 point lift arm stabilizer

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #1  

smoker

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200
Anyone have an idea of how to build a device that would stop my lift arms from rising when using a dump trailer? I am using a 3 point tow bar as the tow bar on the tractor is too low. This is on a Kubota B9200. Thanks in advance, I have an idea but much wiser minds are here. smoker

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #2  
Chain the 3pt tow bar to your drawbar at max height you want it. That will allow the 3pt to drop down so you can slide the ball into the hitch when hooking up put pull up against the chain length to prevent it from climbing.

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer
What did I say????? "WISER MINDS ARE HERE" !!!!! Can't get much easier than that! Thanks Buddy. smoker

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #4  
Just dont pull the 3 PH lift lever up too far and damage your drawbar or put the hydraulics into relief by binding the chain.

Years ago I had an old 9N and it had to bars that went from the 3rd arm to either side of the tow bar. These bars had slots that could be adjusted to the height that you wanted to maintain......well.....I bent the living sh.t out of those arms doing just what you advised me not to do. A learning experience:)

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #6  
Here's a picture of the linkage that I built for my Kubota B7500. It is modeled after the setup that IH had on some of the older 3 points. We had a 686 row crop IH with a similar setup.

Attachments

• Hitch.JPG
    Hitch.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,042
Thanks for the picture Mendonsy. Interesting. smoker

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #8  
Years ago I had an old 9N and it had to bars that went from the 3rd arm to either side of the tow bar. These bars had slots that could be adjusted to the height that you wanted to maintain......well.....I bent the living sh.t out of those arms doing just what you advised me not to do. A learning experience:)

My buddys grandfather had a set of those on his 9N and I always thought they were to prevent sidesway so I put chains on my Massey, from the lift arms out to a point on the axle at about the same height as the lift arm mounting points to prevent the snowblower swinging sideways an cramping the PTO

/ 3 point lift arm stabilizer #9  
Chain the 3pt tow bar to your drawbar at max height you want it. That will allow the 3pt to drop down so you can slide the ball into the hitch when hooking up put pull up against the chain length to prevent it from climbing.

That's how I do it:

P2180003.JPG

That is perfect! What do they call the device that is attached to your tow bar? I like that idea instead of relying on the grab hook. Thank you for the picture, I appreciate it. smoker