Your favourite Coffee Can.....

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #11  
Cans are great to have around the shop for lots of things. Small cans like for tuna or mushrooms are good for sorting small parts into, and I've been known to punch a couple holes in the top sides and make a bail out of welding wire for a quick hanging drip catcher for when you pull a driveline or similar tasks.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #12  
yep.. i drink coffee and reuse cans.

have a folgers can on the work bench with a lil diesel and atf in it for rusty tools to be dipped into and left.

I have the large sized dog food cans covering smoke stacks. I have the 1 gallon sized bean cans with various nuts and bolt snad parts in them..e tc.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #13  
looks like I am not the only one. I save the folgers plastic cans and use it to cover the ends of pto shaft to keep rain out on my tiller.fits perfect over the plastic pto protector

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #14  
Exhaust on everything I have is horizontal or pointing down so no need for "rain caps" but do I have fair share of palctic coffe cans. The lid off a 3lb. Folgers works great to snap over the top of my plastic cricket bucket when fishing. Keeps the little critters from jumping out. Back when there were babies in the house I used glass baby food jars for keeping lots of small items in. Screwed the lid to bottom side of a shelf then screwed the jar on. Left them hanging in view for easy access without taking up shelf space. Lost them all when I moved and even the grandkids are walking, talking, and driving cars so now baby jars anymore.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #15  
No cans for me. We get coffee beans from Costco and grind them at home.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can.....
Dave - I grind beans when the mood suits, often from Costco as well. Like the dark roasts.

I'll have to try some of the large plastic/handled offerings - that shape does sound useful.

I built a perforated shelf in the bottom of a large metal coffee can, and use that one to drain oil filters before I drop them off for recycling.

Good uses listed here..... hadn't seen that one before /pine !

I'd be seriously challenged to give up coffee, and only slightly less so giving up the useful containers.

Coffee Pot On !

Rgds, D.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #17  
For nuts, bolts, etc I use (cleaned out) clear plastic peanut butter jars. I put little shelves between the studs in the garage and have them lined up there. When I need something I just look at my wall-o-ware until I see it. Slowly getting rid of my can collection as I accumulate more jars.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #18  
We did the same thing in our barn. I have shelves in between the studs on one wall. I did buy a label maker at staples and have it all labeled so that I know what is where.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can.....
For parts, I tend to prefer glass jars (no kids running around) over plastic. The plastic pbutter jars we get here are not clear, so my eyes tend to prefer glass. Pbutter jars are often a good size, with a decent screw lid, so have used 'em too.

I like metal or glass re. solvents. Modern consumer plastic packaging is pretty amazing, from a material science standpoint, and some of them will handle solvents, at least for a while. I wish I was Commander Data enough to remember which plastics I can safely pour gas into, but it is safer/faster for me to put strong solvents into glass or metal containers.

As a kid, I remember pouring gas into a styrofoam coffee cup, but just once though ! :eek:

Am using a Ptouch for maintenance labels on machinery, and much liking that. As Winter drags on, I should expand that practice to my parts stash.

Rgds, D.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #20  
At work they use Maxwell House. The plastic can has a built in handle. I use them for many different things including a paint can, the handel makes it easy to hold. Only problem is now Maxwell House redesigned the can without the handel now, just an indention to grip it with. I guess less plastic, more profit!

That is too bad they are redesigning their can. Yep, Maxwell House cans are the best, but I can't stand there coffee. We buy it only when it is on sale and then mix it with some Folgers.