Your favourite Coffee Can.....

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #1  

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
...... and Why ?

The can that I have covering the exhaust pipe on my 3930 was looking a little rusty, so I went to put a newly emptied Tim Hortons (Canuck doughnut shop) can on to replace it.

The starting-to-rust Melitta can was made out of much heavier steel, so I left it in place. I'm liking the added weight, for staying put in the wind.

Anybody else a coffee drinker, who recycles their empties into ________________ ?

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Your favourite Coffee Can..... #2  
Don't drink coffea but friends give the foldgers cans to me. Great for part storage or soaking carbs and other small parts in. Also make good organizers for nuts and bolts.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #3  
I get good use out of Folgers/Maxwell House plastic containers. The lids fit tight and are easy to write on with a sharpie pen and they have a handle. Only thing wrong I can find is they're hard to pour out of with that little extra lip, always drips back under.

Metal cans are getting harder to find except for the smaller ones.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #4  
The father of a friend uses soda crates used to deliver 2-liter bottles to hold his coffee cans full of nuts and bolts, one crate per thread size, one can per length. Then all the crates get stacked with the thread size label showing.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #5  
Don't know what I would do without them. I use them to sort and store all sorts of small stuff.
Also good for:
To cut out a heat shield to use when soldering plumbing.
Wrap and clamp type emergency exhaust repairs.
To keep not so dirty rags (no oily rags due to spontaneous combustion concerns)
Catch can when draining a carb or oil filter.

By the way, that little bit of coffee grounds in the bottom will sweeten the smell of a not so sweet place.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #6  
At work they use Maxwell House. The plastic can has a built in handle. I use them for many different things including a paint can, the handel makes it easy to hold. Only problem is now Maxwell House redesigned the can without the handel now, just an indention to grip it with. I guess less plastic, more profit!

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #7  
I like metal coffee cans and we buy the cheap Master Chef coffee from Walmart that comes in metal cans. However, when we open one, my wife pours the coffee into one of those plastic Maxwell House cans with a handle.:D

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #8  
My favorite coffee can now is one I used to make a resistor to cut the voltage down on an electric fence around a garden plot...

I was having a problem with squirrels digging up seedlings and the fence controller I had was too much (voltage) for such a short line...I enjoy the squirrels so I did not want to cause them any harm...

I soldered a ground wire to the outside of the can...punched a small hole in the plastic cap and ran the + lead through the hole allowing it to dip into distilled water I filled the can with...I attached the leads to the proper lines on the fence and it worked great...lowering the voltage to a tolerable level (down from about 1500V to about 400V)...

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #9  
Try a large bean can they seem to be stronger. I make flowers out of them and rebar.

/ Your favourite Coffee Can..... #10  
Maxwell House. Love that it has a handle and it's perfect for carrying paint in. The edge wipes off the brush better then anything else that I've ever tried. It's also very handy for mixing small batchins of thinset, mortor or grout. I've used them for draining tubs and for catching water from toilet tanks. I like to have at least two in my truck bed at all times!!!

Eddie