Hyd driven saw.

/ Hyd driven saw. #1  

rancher3

Tractor
JD B A D 4440
I am new to the forum. I am looking for ideas on building a type of hot saw for my skid loader like a turbo saw. I have a lot of hedge and cedar trees in a pasture to clear.

/ Hyd driven saw. #3  
I am looking for ideas on building a type of hot saw for my skid loader like a turbo saw.

I don't know what a "hot saw" or "turbo saw" is, but I have adapted a couple of hydraulic
chainsaws to run off my tractor.

Initially, I was planning to make a hydraulic chainsaw to run off a boom on my loader
to trim branches. There are some ready-built units out there that do this.

/ Hyd driven saw. #5  
HICKS FABRICATION

4749 SE 61ST ST
BERRYTON, KS 66409-9508 | view map
(785) 862-7711

I have had a saw built by the man at the above address for about 8 years. I use it precisely for what you describe. I have been pleased with the saw and it has done a lot of pasture clearing for me. I originally purchased mine for $3000, but he has made improvements and I think the saw runs in the $5000 range now. Mine has a 32" blade with 12 carbide replaceable cutters and is capable of cutting a 16" tree in one pass or much larger by working all sides of the tree. I have found Leroy Hicks vey good to work with and if an outright purchase is not in the picture, some of the components might be available from him. Berryton is a little southeast of Topeka Ks. He does not have pictures of his saw on the web but is normally willing to demonstate his saw when the distance in not far. The carbide cutters have been close to bullet proof for me.

/ Hyd driven saw.
HICKS FABRICATION

4749 SE 61ST ST
BERRYTON, KS 66409-9508 | view map
(785) 862-7711

I have had a saw built by the man at the above address for about 8 years. I use it precisely for what you describe. I have been pleased with the saw and it has done a lot of pasture clearing for me. I originally purchased mine for $3000, but he has made improvements and I think the saw runs in the $5000 range now. Mine has a 32" blade with 12 carbide replaceable cutters and is capable of cutting a 16" tree in one pass or much larger by working all sides of the tree. I have found Leroy Hicks vey good to work with and if an outright purchase is not in the picture, some of the components might be available from him. Berryton is a little southeast of Topeka Ks. He does not have pictures of his saw on the web but is normally willing to demonstate his saw when the distance in not far. The carbide cutters have been close to bullet proof for me.
Thanks for the reply. I had found Leroys saws while searching for a saw. His current price is $6,500 for the saw and $8,200 for one that will manual rotate. I just trying to build one better for less money.