Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
Did a little more fabrication.
Far from done done but i did get the a bracket made for the remote hydraulics plus have started the grapple fabrication.
I will try to fabricate the cylinder mount and cross or lateral bracing for the grapple teeth soon.
still need to add zerk fittings and trim the pivot pins.
Tom

new tractor 509.JPGnew tractor 510.JPGnew tractor 511.JPGnew tractor 512.JPGnew tractor 513.JPGnew tractor 514.JPGnew tractor 515.JPGnew tractor 518.JPGnew tractor 519.JPG

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress #2  
Looking good. I don't have that kind of time.

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress #3  
nice work. I am following this as I may build something similar myself.
Cam

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress #4  
Nice work. Are you planning to put any gussets or connectors between the two upper jaw arms? If you are doing more than just holding brush in the bucket you'll want to beef up the jaws to prevent them from splaying out (or in).

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress #5  
Looks good. Is there a particular reason the toothed arms were spliced together from two pieces of steel instead of being cut from a single piece? Are you going to add an upholstered pad to the valve's armrest?

/ Homemade Bucket Grapple Progress
Nice work. Are you planning to put any gussets or connectors between the two upper jaw arms? If you are doing more than just holding brush in the bucket you'll want to beef up the jaws to prevent them from splaying out (or in).

Thanks everyone,
Yes i plan on adding gussets and some cross supports. I have some shedule 80 1-1/4" pipe for cross supports and some 3/8" thick angle iron for the cross support that will hold the front cylinder mount.
I spliced the grapple teeth together from steel pieces that i had leftover in my remnant pile. I may add an extra layer in those areas on the outside after all the supports are welded in.
Funny I woke up this morning thinking about adding a pad for the remote bracket.
I made a pad for the backrest on my harley a few years back. I have some black vinyl and foam padding from that project in the shop.
I would just have to cut a small piece of plywood and use some screws from the bottom side to mount it. Also cut out small circles where the bolts hold the remote in the plywood so it sits flat.
Have a great day all.
Tom