Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #31  
Looks like you are getting close to a functioning grapple.

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #32  
I have to admit, your hydraulic connections and hose routing scares the heck out of me along the right side like that. Is there a guard or something to protect them? I just see one of those evil sticks grabbing a hold of one of the hoses while your drive by.

ac

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320
I have to admit, your hydraulic connections and hose routing scares the heck out of me along the right side like that. Is there a guard or something to protect them? I just see one of those evil sticks grabbing a hold of one of the hoses while your drive by.

ac
That is the factory location.
I just made a new bracket to replace the old that would accomodate two more couplers.
I didn't like the location myself and the original lines are hardlined from the scv.
Once I run the the lines for the grapple quick connects from the new scv I plan to make a support bracket and guard in front of the tire behind the lines.
I have been pondering a deflector bar underneath the hoses also?
I just made a bracket for the front disconnects but I am waitng for the rest of my order.
No fittings no work right now.
new tractor 661.JPGnew tractor 662.JPG

The hoses aren't in the loom either.
The hoses need to be pulled up and put in the loom to reduce the sag and exposure.
new tractor 665.JPGnew tractor 666.JPGnew tractor 667.JPGnew tractor 669.JPG

Attachments

• new tractor 658.JPG
    new tractor 658.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 234
  • new tractor 663.JPG
    new tractor 663.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
   / Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #35  
You can get a hose jacket which would protect you if one would explode. Could you add another holder to hold them up higher?

You can get a hose jacket which would protect you if one would explode. Could you add another holder to hold them up higher?

They are not in the lower holder right now.
I think another holder in a better location than the factory one is something that should be done.
The floor boards are plastic and finding a spot to mount things is rough.
There is not alot of metal thats free from linkage etc.
I may just make a heavy stainless sheet metal guard that encloses the hoses and is removable.
As far as the jackets I did almost order hose jacket and I still might.
The hose is rated for 4000 psi which is almost twice the pressure the tractor produces, but accidents can happen.
I'll have to look into what a 50' roll would cost. Putting jacket on is easy enough to do after things are running.
We have 4-5 shops around here that make and sell hoses, jackets, fittings...
I'll just have to cut some zip ties to install them and I have plenty of those.
Also
I thought about putting a tee in the lines for the grapple front couplers and adding a second pair of outlets in the rear.
When i'm not using the grapple, I could have 2 useable pairs of outlets in the rear.

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #37  
You would not need a tee to run them to the rear. You could unhook the ones going to the FEL and hook up the set to the rear. I have thought about doing this is I would ever need a extra set of hydraulic outlets on the back of the tractor.

You would not need a tee to run them to the rear. You could unhook the ones going to the FEL and hook up the set to the rear. I have thought about doing this is I would ever need a extra set of hydraulic outlets on the back of the tractor.

I was going to put a JIC X NPTM X JIC (tee) connector on one set of the rear couplers.
From that set of couplers run lines to the front set of couplers.
Hydraulic Schem..png

After read some info on the hose covers on the Surplus Center web site, it sounds like they are made for organization purposes.
A nylon mesh cover to group hoses together.
"Nylon mesh" will do about as much to protect you from stored hydraulic energy as a pair of panty hose would.
True having the mesh cover "might" stop a branch from snaging a group of hoses but I don't think you are gaining much protection as much as you are gaining a better appearance .
Unless there is something else out there beside nylon I dont see any advantage.
The hoses are already coated with a fire protective coating.
Using plastic ty-wraps to hold the hoses together is probably going to give the same amount of snag protection.
If you know of something different could you send some info in a link.

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #40  
After read some info on the hose covers on the Surplus Center web site, it sounds like they are made for organization purposes.
A nylon mesh cover to group hoses together.
"Nylon mesh" will do about as much to protect you from stored hydraulic energy as a pair of panty hose would.
True having the mesh cover "might" stop a branch from snaging a group of hoses but I don't think you are gaining much protection as much as you are gaining a better appearance .
Unless there is something else out there beside nylon I dont see any advantage.
The hoses are already coated with a fire protective coating.
Using plastic ty-wraps to hold the hoses together is probably going to give the same amount of snag protection.
If you know of something different could you send some info in a link.

Here is a link to Gates website on their hose sleeve.