Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread
DStig1 was also nominated I did not see his name on the list.
Yea??? I know I nominated him on like the first page of that thread???
Maybe he requested not to be nominated?? Or maybe Aaron contacted everyone that had a third party nomination just to get a yea or nay??? Or it could just be an oversight??
Either way, if dstig1 has any interest, I think he should be included in the voting. But I understand if he isnt interested as well.
Also....When is the voting?? or where is the voting:rolleyes:
That's a good question....
When is the vote'n happen'n??
I copied Dstig1's name from the thread, but apparently didn't past it into the list, fixed now.
Voting will happen after the list of people is confirmed complete as otherwise someone could get missed by early voters (stay tuned on Monday afternoon for a place to vote).

Aaron Z

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #12  
I copied Dstig1's name from the thread, but apparently didn't past it into the list, fixed now.
Voting will happen after the list of people is confirmed complete as otherwise someone could get missed by early voters (stay tuned on Monday afternoon for a place to vote).

Aaron Z

Does he know he was nominated?

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread
That pm I just got answered that:thumbsup::drink:
I just thought about that am PMed all of the nominees to make sure everyone knows that they were nominated.

Aaron Z

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #15  
:laughing: No I just found out I was nominated when I got Aaron's PM a few minutes ago. I must say, I'm flattered. Hey if you want average fab skills, then I can certainly live up to that billing, especially if you count the 98% of society that can't weld to balance out the 4Shorts of the world. That averages out well to describe me :laughing:

My experience - I'm an engineer but don't deal with metal but rarely at work (molded plastic parts, for the most part). I've taken a couple welding classes at the local tech school, including one about two years ago that focused mainly on stick. I've used stick and then MIG for several tractor related projects.

Equipment: My main equipment is the Miller XMT304 welder with a 22A feeder, that I mostly use in wire feed with .035 wire, but I am also set up to do stick with it (6010, 6011, 7014, 7018 mainly). I got it used from an auction for a very good deal, which is why I have a much better welder than I should by all rights. Other equipment is the typical stuff - abrasive cutoff saw, a few grinders (4.5" and 7"), disc sander, drills, saws, various clamps and hand tools, and an oxy-propane torch, mostly for cutting but I also use it for heating stuff too. I also have access to some better equipment at work such as a plasma cutter, mill and lathe if I really need it (and I know how to use them to an OK degree - kind of like my welding). My welding table, if you can call it that, is the old trailer ramps that came with the used trailer I bought with the tractor that were failing. Those go on my sawhorses as one real high class unit :rolleyes: You'll see it in the threads below. I use other means (clamps, magnets, squares, levels, tacking) to ensure things go together square as I can't count on my table for that.

What I've done so far is shown below in a few threads I've posted:

The snow plow was the biggie:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/254357-ssqa-fel-snowplow-build.html

I've also modified my grapple to fix a design flaw (it would fall off the SSQA under load!)
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/206260-gator-grapple-fix-kubota-ssqa.html

I made a toolbox and chainsaw holder for the tractor:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/185744-overkill-industries-toolbox-chainsaw-holder.html

I modified and added to the welding cart I got along with the welder from the auction:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/214367-thinking-welding-cart.html

Improved the grill guard:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/219535-grill-guard.html

So I've got some experience but not tons, and I'm sure as heck not to the level of some of these guys. As you can see, I tend to write a lot when describing things ... some may argue too much... but I can thoroughly document the process. Being an engineer may help a bit as I am used to solving problems, whatever comes up. If that's what you are looking for, I'd certainly be interested in giving it a whirl.

Thanks to LD1 for the nomination!

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #16  
I am not a professional welder. I am an engineer by training. I am an individual that tries to do the best in everything they do.
I have a 250 amp stick welder. I have O/A equipment; tanks, torch, and tips . I have 3 hand grinders and one nice bench grinder. Lots of hand tools for metal working. My fancy tools are for woodworking (not helpful in this discussion) but have been collecting higher end metal working tools but am still more primitive than many. I have repaired a lot of my attachments that have suffered wear and tear.

I do not know if I am the right person or not. The membership and Everything Attachments will make that determination.

Positives:
I am a very detailed oriented individual.
I do good work and document things to a high detail due to previous training.
The last project I worked on is documented in this thread (first 7 postings):
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/260184-adding-multiple-hydraulic-control-valves.html
Have O/A welding experience from 40 years back. Have tanks/torch/tips equipment.
Only recent stick welding experience (a little less than a year). Last winter acquired 250 amp stick welder which is a very nice piece of equipment.

Negatives:
Long time O/A skills but limited arc welding experience (only a bit under one years worth) but have a forum member (Shieldarc) who has been mentoring me and he is an asset of immense skills. Wish I knew 1% of what he does.
Time limitation due to primary job can take me longer than I would like to do some projects. (i.e. I am not retired)

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #17  
Since I'm on the list perhaps I should elaborate a bit to justify my possibly being selected.

Projects: heated cab on my MT180D (shown on TBN bbut not documented as it was B4 TBN)
manual snow plow for MT180D (documented on TBN)
plow sub frame (documented on TBN)
electric snow blower rotation using winch motor (often discussed and explained with members)
tooth bar (documented on TBN)
FEL forks (not documented)

made my own chains (well mostly as I dis assembled a pair and rebuilt to every 3 link for better traction and smoother ride)
rear weight using 300# elevator wt. (B4 TBN)

Oh, and so many other little projects that would simply have been repetitive that I did not bother posting like fuel cart and pump, mirrors, cup holders chain hooks etc etc.
Might add that my first welder was homemade affair whereby I modified an industrial step up transformer and re wound the secondary using 1/4 copper tubing with the first welds being accomplished using vise grips and rubber gloves.
Boy sure learned welding techniques with that DIY rig!

Tools for project: 230 amp stick welder (hobart), grinders, painting equipment and too many hand tools LOL! (as my wife will attest)

Ideally would like 'kit without hydraulics' i.e.; a cut 'ready to weld' grapple kit to fit on my 48" loader bucket.

NB,; being in Canada I'd be willing to help offset shipping somewhat.
My biggest obstacle is the cutting of the metals required for a grapple as this requires a plasma set-up which as a DIY type is not an option for the limited usage I would give it and I suspect that there are many in this situation. I would naturally provide dimensions of my 48" loader bucket.
Also have good Canon camera for construction details (and promise many PIC's and detailed write up)

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #18  
   / Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #19  
My name is Jody and my wife and I have a small farm in Ms. I am 31 years old and learned to weld in college,MSU college of business (hail state) / welding school of painful experience( **** yeah). I have welded professionally for years. I have done fab, structural, repair, pipe, high paying jobs, low paying jobs, junk iron, wrought iron, red iron, white iron, but never a curling iron.If you need a mint I also have certs. I weld off my truck most of the time and I run lean on tools. I do most of my welding with a stick as I like the control of the weld and it is more cost effective for me. I use a cutting torch and learned how to use to make clean pretty cuts not pretty clean cuts.
I take great care in my work. Welding is the easy part if everything is prepared correctly. Over the years I have gotten many up and running right there were everything fell apart. I brazed hyd lines to get hay up, cut out gear box mounts on bush hog decks and replaced the steel cutting bolts holes that fit with a torch, built sheds and barns and shops, welded disc axles back together, welded cracked tractor rims, backhoes bulldozers, dump trucks, trailers, pedal tractors, four wheelers and a lot of boring stuff. I have done a lot of fab and specialty work including decorative work. I am interested because we trying to open a tractor dealership and think these kits would be great for us. I am willing to do whatever it takes to be a success. I know plumb, level, & square, understand the importance of three point hitch geometry and I read very well for my size. I do have a shop built from handy material available on a shoe string budget. I do have all necessary tools and can document and explain. Pics in next posts. Thanks!

/ Everything Attachments Nominee "Why you should vote for me" thread #20  
image-836158983.jpg

Some fire dogs, everything is 1" thick.

image-25589641.jpg

6010 5p+ on dirty pipe

image-3970164445.jpg

Lil blue money maker

image-3413188694.jpg

Repair on buggy

image-161369663.jpg

Built the truck bed with natural finish, tool box rack on rtv and the ole chicken coop deluxe is still under construction tenants are pretty fowl about it

image-441032201.jpg

With high fuel prices no one needs a hole in their tank

image-2698917896.jpg

image-696930386.jpg

Repair on kuhn hay mower that met a limb in transport. Nice to work on new equipment but I was sick when I saw this band new cutter candy caned. Owner is happy with repair and did not miss a cutting.

image-1762962725.jpg

7018 shaking it off

image-2566182901.jpg

The proving ground. Everything must be field tested!!!!
This is just what I had on my phone.
Thanks for looking.
Jody
p.s. not the tips and tricks guy but he's pretty a pretty cool guy

Attachments

• image-207262094.jpg
    image-207262094.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 113