Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel #1  

xring100

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540, ZD1211 60"
I wish i had done a better job of documenting the construction of this project. I had 16'x6.5' custom trailer that a buddy left me when he sold his sand rail. It was barley built strong enough to hold a 1500 -2000 lb sand rail and the axle was mounted almost all the way at the back of the trailer. So i re-purposed the trailer and made this carry all I've incorporated the ability to put this on my forks on my FEL. I only had to by 2 pieces of steel everything else was laying around. I almost forgot i had to buy some chain and removable links for the safety straps Even the plywood was recycled from a shipping crate. I did spin a bearing in the power meter on the house from all the mig welding, about 12 lbs of wire and an entire bottle of shielding gas.
The box is 6 ft x 35" deep x 43" sides

Next year i will sandblast it and paint it Orange if i have time.

In these pictures its mounted on the front for shoveling shingles into it. so i could dump them in the dumpster
2012-07-08_19-35-42_797.jpg Dad On the roof.jpg

Here i have about 1.25 face cords of black walnut in the box
2012-12-08_12-57-00_690.jpg 2012-12-08_12-57-23_868.jpg

Back on the front as work platform to raise a beam for a rope swing

2012-09-08_11-51-58_915.jpg 2012-09-08_12-43-10_115.jpg

These last ones are well just because I can. Have tractor will find creative ways to use it. Amazingly it just fits in a 6'6" box this was purely accidental but bonus
2012-01-16_15-15-56_14.jpg2012-01-16_16-02-17_775.jpg

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel #2  
Looks like a handy and versitil unit. I like it. :thumbsup:

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel #3  
i made one just like yours but just for the back . me and my son went cut some fire wood and he tryed to drive it out if it hit a little bump up went the front tires lol .he got scared lol so i took over and it was light on the front had to steer with the brakes . so i took it off the mf35 and used it on my Int 684 with 9 weight on the front works good now lol no more wheelies

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel
Looks like a handy and versitil unit. I like it. :thumbsup:
Thanks i though some of you might appreciate the front mount loader idea. I've also used the box to help trim my apple trees by putting my wife up in it.

i made one just like yours but just for the back . me and my son went cut some fire wood and he tryed to drive it out if it hit a little bump up went the front tires lol .he got scared lol so i took over and it was light on the front had to steer with the brakes . so i took it off the mf35 and used it on my Int 684 with 9 weight on the front works good now lol no more wheelies

Lol my buddy has a J.D. 2040 with a TSC carry all picture in the left side of this picture we have the same problem. if we get more than 1 and a quarter rows deep front end gets really light and steering is reserved for the turning brakes. I have served as front ballast by riding on the hood of his tractor. 2011-12-16_17-09-48_978.jpg

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel #6  
Nice. i'm thinking to build similar...will use old 4x4's i have lying around though. Should be good for moving anything and as a work platform for shingling etc... might do from steel, but like to save my steel if I can.

i have 30' lift on my rig....i'd be terrified to be up there though :)

/ Home Built Carry-All using recycled Steel #7  
Very nice and a good save of the old trailer.

Nice. i'm thinking to build similar...will use old 4x4's i have lying around though. Should be good for moving anything and as a work platform for shingling etc... might do from steel, but like to save my steel if I can.

i have 30' lift on my rig....i'd be terrified to be up there though :)
30 feet is a long ways up standing in my on my loader gets you up to about 13 feet to the platform and thats plenty high. Is that a telehandler or a fork lift?

Thanks Gale i don't like to throw out good scrap steel

I've been down that same road on my buddies JD2040 if he goes more than 1.5 rows deep on his rear box with anything other than Pine or dried ash. The steering wheel is useless and wheelies are really easy. I've ridden on the hood to provide an extra couple hundred pounds of ballast to the front for moving swamp oak