Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4
Nice work and very creative.What is the engine you used and how many horsepower?

Thank you! Diesel engine Sadko DE300, 300cc and 6 horsepower

de-300-001-big.jpgde-300-big.jpg

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #42  
Nice work!

From what I can see, the drive train is slowed down by the vee belt pulleys off the motor. What I do not see is how the clutch system works on your tractor.

For snow clearing, you may want to consider a lift that includes a chain so the blade will float over the ground. The other thing I would suggest is you may want to add skid shoes to prevent the blade digging into the ground as you push the snow off. I don't use a front blade for snow clearing. I use a rear blade on a 3 pt hitch which has no down pressure and a float function built in. I don't use skid shoes because the ground where I am freezes solid most of the time I need snow removal. The few times I have cleared snow before the ground freezes, I've had issues rolling up long strips of wet sod...

Camdigger
I have no picture of the clutch. Engine combined with transmission via V-pulleys, slowed down against 4:1. System-disk clutch, V-belt pulley screwed bolted to the flywheel.

30.gif

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #44  
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am still a little confused as to how the original equipemnt clutch works without the bearings of the engine crankshft to hold the flywheel in place. I guess I need to ponder this a bit more.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #45  
I know you wasn't loudo , I was just joking a little, enjoy that warm weather. There's 30 mph winds here , temp around 40, but no poisonous snakes or crocodiles, haha.by the way we i. The states really miss Steve Irwin. A nice guy.

Camdigger, You must have 2 bearings. If you put less than 2 bearings, the transmission over time break down.

I decided this problem so as shown in the picture

1.jpg

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #47  
Thanks for the clarification.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #48  
I just found this thread because I have not been viewing much this past year and I want to say you have a real workhorse of a tractor and think it looks great. I for one thank you for sharing the photos and details. Hope you're weather improves and everyone there stays safe from the cold,etc.

/ Homemade garden mini tractor 4x4 #50  
When I first used my small tractor, I too was sat like you with knees by ears. You may find it more comfortable to drive and control the peddles with the seat raised by about 25cm (10").

By the way, I very much like your work, especially your clutch design.