building a 3 point disc

/ building a 3 point disc #1  

spo307

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4400
I am in the process of building a 3 pt, tube. disc frame is 4' x 4', I have the disc's 18" notched with 1' square hole, making a one row disc as opposed to a two row just to expose rocks before roto tilling. I see asc have axles and 4 bolt square bore bearings, short and long spacer for each side of bearing.
questions:
does anyone have close up pictures of a 3 point disc sealed bearing and gang ?
7 1/2' space or 9" ?
axle length to cover L4400 tires ?
angle to set disc's at? (more aggressive being single row) ?

would appreciate any suggestions thank you, Dennis

/ building a 3 point disc #2  
On my Ford 54" tandem disc the spacing is 9". The short spacer would go between the bearing and the back of the disc blade, Long spacer goes between the bearing and the cutting side of the disc blade. Won't a single gang have a tendancy to push the rear of the tractor sideways? If you want to expose rocks a chisel plow of field cultivator will lift them out better than a disk and if the rocks are too large you can also break the disk blades.

/ building a 3 point disc
something like this
discdiagram_zps2cf244ec.png

/ building a 3 point disc #5  
There is no difference in the gangs for a 3Pt mounted unit than a towed on of similar size.

/ building a 3 point disc #7  
I built mine from an old JD drag disk. Made it as an "offset":

HPIM2261 (Small).JPG

HPIM2260 (Small).JPG

grnspot

/ building a 3 point disc #8  
There is no difference in the gangs for a 3Pt mounted unit than a towed on of similar size.
girl.jpg

beaty.jpg

/ building a 3 point disc
girl.jpg

beaty.jpg

understand that, i dont have a disk to measure or refer to I am building from scratch, 5 disc's per side 7 or 7 1/2 spacers not sure which one is correct, what axle lenght? looking at agri supply there is 33 1/2, 34, and 39 inch axles, 5 disc's 7" spacing 28" plus 5/8 for 5 blades, plus bumper washer? thoughts thanks

/ building a 3 point disc #10  
understand that, i dont have a disk to measure or refer to I am building from scratch, 5 disc's per side 7 or 7 1/2 spacers not sure which one is correct, what axle lenght? looking at agri supply there is 33 1/2, 34, and 39 inch axles, 5 disc's 7" spacing 28" plus 5/8 for 5 blades, plus bumper washer? thoughts thanks

33.5 is what comes on our new 2016 and 2018 discs. You can actually lay it out on a tape measure. Ken Sweet