Farm Machinery - Practical hints for handy-men

/ Farm Machinery - Practical hints for handy-men #1  

OldMcDonald

Platinum Member
Tractor
None
I am considering buying this old book (reprinted) by J Brownlee Davidson and Leon Wilson Chase, but wondered if anybody can tell me whether the blueprints etc. in the book are good enough to allow me to build the equipment. The book itself is not expensive, but by the time I add shipping and customs duties at this end it does end up quite pricey. Any other suggestions if not this book?

/ Farm Machinery - Practical hints for handy-men #2  
Its hard to know what any of these type of books are like without seeing them, some you may get some good ideas from but may lack in construction details, dimensions etc.If its not to expensive I'd be inclined to take a chance on it.
What type of equipment are you looking to construct.

/ Farm Machinery - Practical hints for handy-men
RW, That is exactly the problem. I have bought books of plans before that simply lacked sufficient information and I was hoping that somebody else already owned it and could tell me whether the plans are any use or not.

The blurb about the book suggests there are blueprints for corn harvesters, threshers, feed mills and manure spreaders. All are of interest. I have made a few implements because there is simply not the used machinery market in Portugal that is normal everywhere else I have lived, and new stuff is all imported so expensive. I did buy a new mower and hay turner as necessities (there is someone with a baler nearby who contract bales) but currently harvest by hand (up to 2 acres of corn and more pulses) and shell/thresh by hand too.

bcp, Thanks for the link, although that is not the same book. I have seen a similar preview for the one I am interested in, but it is only the covers and the first few pages. There are quite a few books with very similar titles.