BX Forks FTW

/ BX Forks FTW #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Just built a set of clamp on forks for the BX. Took about 6 hours. Sort of a copy of Mad's but with some modifications. 48" working length, so that they will fit all the way into a pallet.

Mostly made of scrap, other than the 3" channel. Cost was well under $100.

I didnt have the cam, so no in construction pics, sorry. You should be able to see the basic construction from the pictures I took when painting them today.

I built them mostly to make taking the garbage to the end of the driveway easier. Might also be handy for moving logs around. Im sure I'll find lots of uses for them. I cant wait to get out and try them. I'll post up my experiences once I get a chance to put them to use.

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

/ BX Forks FTW #2  
Nice work...careful not to overload the front end, I heard it not good for the front hubs on the BX....I know I have had a habit of doing so with my wood pellets, but told myself not this year.
I store them in the barn and bring up a ton every month or so.

/ BX Forks FTW
So far, Im loving the forks!!!

First use was the other day to get the snowblower out of the grass where it was frozen to the ground! The forks worked wonders to slide under and wedge up the SB. No issues getting it out of the woods and into the yard where I could hook it up.

This evening I built my "caryall" for carrying the garbarge to the road for pickup and other uses like firewood. Only took about 30 minutes, a palette and a couple 2x4. Basically the 2x4 were a backstop to prevent the garbage cans from falling over. It made a tricky job much easier. It really used to suck having to balance the big green compost bin in the bucket! More than once I had a pretty gross mess to clean up.
IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

Waiting for pickup. I could have built a fancy caryall but it would likely be a waste. I fully expect this current one to be hit by the wing of a snowplow some snow day! (notice the mailbox?)
IMG_4431.jpg