CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project

/ CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project #1  

Dongerosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
7510 bota...RTV 900
Getting back on my "backhoe build" project that started in Feb. 2004 :eek: for a BX Bota, now it's going on a B7510...think it's about time to get'erdone! looking through all my notes and instructions got a few questions. :confused:

being new to all this stuff...and spent way too many hours on this site lurking at hoe threads...3pt attachment issues...sub-frame builds. So, building a sub-frame for my 3pt designed hoe, finally got the design that I think will work with the metal i got in my shop.

#1. it states to use JIC#6 hoses, now looking at Surplus Center they have two hose sizes, 1/4 or 3/8 dia. I'm thinking with the 2" cylinders and a 5 GPM pump the 1/4" should be fine. my thinking correct?

#2. never used a backhoe before...So, what would be the best/most used pattern for controls to learn on....ISO or SAE or other?

Great Site!

:D

Last edited:
   / CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project #2  
3/8 would be better. My yanmar uses 3/8 on almost everything. The 1/4 is very small for the flow.

/ CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project #4  
invalid attachment :(

/ CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project
An project up date...got the sub frame done...a few, self created, issues with the front mounting, but is done now! bolts on the the front two 5/8 dia. on each side...the rear has 1 inch stubs that fit into axle brkts.
20130118152050 subframe 2.jpg

next step...weld hoe base to the sub-frame.

Pic of all the parts....
20130121165629 all parts on floor.jpg

/ CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project #7  
My BH77 on my B3300SU uses ISO pattern (along with every other backhoe/excavator I've run). It also uses 3/8 lines as the main pressure and return to the BH valve with 1/4" lines to the cylinders.

My BH77 on my B3300SU uses ISO pattern (along with every other backhoe/excavator I've run). It also uses 3/8 lines as the main pressure and return to the BH valve with 1/4" lines to the cylinders.

Thks for the ISO and line size feedback.

made a little more progress in the garage...

20130125163351 bucket on dipper arm.jpg

a few more pictures...

arm mock-up

20130126173546 hoe arm mockup.jpg

stabilizers with center section...

20130126120022 stabilizer arm with center.jpg

starting to look like a backhoe....:cool2:

/ CDP MID600 "backhoe build" project #10  
Looks great ! I like that the pieces have the modern style as see on a commercial backhoe unit.

You mention CDP so I assume either the pivot weldments were bought from them or cut to their template, I just find it odd that the ends of the pivot weldments are straight were the get welded to the tubes. I was always taught that you should never weld straight across a boom or arm on ground engaging equipment, commercial machines like Case or Deere go to extremes to eliminate straight welds on their hoes and front loader arms. I realize this is a much lower stress application , it's just that CDP seems to have done a good deal of engineering on this and I'm surprised they left it out.

Picture for clarity of what I'm talking about: hoe arm mockup.jpg

Ray