Snowblower mounting problem

/ Snowblower mounting problem #1  

snowy3008

Put two snowblowers together to mount on the front of a toro 325d,not exactly a tractor but thought you guys could help. My prob. Is the PTO shaft is not spinning the right way. Can I change this with some type of gearbox on blower?

Last edited:
   / Snowblower mounting problem #2  
004.bmp.jpgI'm glad somebody is finally trying this. I was going to do it several years ago on my Allis Chalmers B, but wound up with an 8 ft blower for my big tractor in a swap.
Here's a photo of my reverser. This was commercially made, but is very simple. Your biggest problem will be finding a place to mount it. The lower shaft is the input from the pto, the backside of the chain winds around the center output shaft up to the left side idler sprocket, then to the adjustable idler and back down to bottom input. Reverser gear boxes are available but hard to find and pricey.

/ Snowblower mounting problem
Thanks for the input! Pricy was the part that bothered me. After studying it I have instead run the PTO to a separate pulley offset in between the two drive pulleys, by running the belt under this pulley it spins the belt the other way. Have it tack welded together, looking for a 6 sided belt as I will now be driving both sides of the belt. We'll see!!!

/ Snowblower mounting problem #4  
I didn't realize it was belt driven. If you have enough room between pulleys, all you have to do is twist the belt 180 degrees on 1 pulley and it will run backward.

/ Snowblower mounting problem #5  
Your other problem might well be RPM's.
A rear blower generally is designed to run at 500 RPMs and front blowers are often driven at higher RPM's. as many are driven from the engine crankshaft, particularly on garden tractor style machines.
A simple reverser could be made using 2 gears mounted between sturdy plates, problem is bearings, shafts, U-joints etc would all add up fast to $$. making a factory reverser sound cheap.

Smiley's idea of twisting belts is your best bet even if you need to add a few pulleys to guide the V-belt around obstacles.

And Hi SMILEY from Ste Adele!

/ Snowblower mounting problem #6  
Hi Piloon from the Adirondack foothills,
Did you ever find your finish mower? The cheapest I found was $400 and was junk.

Piloon is the fellow I bought the reverser from in the photo above.
Smiley

/ Snowblower mounting problem #7  
Yep!
We paid about double that but it was 1 yr old, practically a 'demo'.
With last storm we have more snow than all of last year but ski hills are not complaining.
Now folks are worried about roofs collapsing from the loads and the Tempo's are dropping like flies.

Hi Piloon from the Adirondack foothills,
Did you ever find your finish mower? The cheapest I found was $400 and was junk.

Piloon is the fellow I bought the reverser from in the photo above.
Smiley

/ Snowblower mounting problem
Been away awhile, I ordered a double v belt fairly cheap I think it should work good! Now I just need to get back to this project before spring!! Thanks again for the help!!!