3pt Hitch Adapter

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
I assume your 1/4" flat bar is where I drew the black rectangles? I considered add some 1.5" by 1/4" square tubing under the bucket level indicators for added strength because I was planning on welding the grab hooks near the bucket level indicators instead of on the end like you did. What do you think?View attachment 299411View attachment 299412

Yeah, you've got the idea. I left a gap between the bars I added and the factory braces. You could leave that gap or fill it all in, wouldn't matter much.

As for your idea, I couldn't tell for sure how well the tubing fit the bucket shape. What additional bracing does is keep the top edge of the bucket from being distorted and to spread the force. The tubing will spread the force but if it's not welded to the top bucket edge it won't help with that situation. I also think you'd be adding material that isn't going to do you much good at all. By welding in a flat, you are creating a "square tube" using the three sides that are already there. I think you'd gain the most strength with the least material. But with that said,,,,, I'm a scrounger and tend to use what's on hand if possible. If you have the tubing and can get it welded in there to give support to the top lip of the bucket, go for it. Would save you the cost of purchasing flat bar.

As for hook location, I think you'd get along fine with your hooks there. I like mine at the ends to get as much separation as possible if trying to pick up a wide load. With hooks at the ends it's more important to have a center hook for other types of loads. If you mount your hooks where you displayed, you might not need a center hook. But again, with that said,,,, I use my center slip hook a lot.

The thing to remember is that the LA1353 loader has a very large lift capacity. You can distort your factory bucket very easily if you lift a load improperly. I never hook a heavy object on one of my bucket end hooks. I think the loader could easily twist the arms or at a minimum the bucket doing such a thing. I always distribute a heavy load across the bucket and try to center it as much as possible. That becomes even more critical if you have a grapple.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #32  
My favorite thing in the shop is that 30 pack of Busch in the room behind the table. As you can tell I was not snooping around the backround of the photos! : O

I thought the phone booth was unique for a shop accessory.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
I thought the phone booth was unique for a shop accessory.

My 8 year old Grandaughter pointed at it and said "What's that"? I said you've never saw a phone booth and she said "No". She lives in the Des Moines Iowa area. So we had a five minute conversation about phone booths and how to use them. She just silently looked at me the whole time like what planet did you grow up on anyway??? :laughing:

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #34  
Have you thought about adding lights to roll bar? I've been thinking about adding 2 forward and 1 rearward led lights under my canopy for when feeding at night, b/c the factory lights are much good with my modified brush guard and a roll of hay on the FEL. My only concern is when bushhogging limbs knocking a $40 light off the roll bar. I actually bought 3, 720 lumen led flood lights to put on my tractor, but they ended up on the wife's kawasaki mule. They would be fine, but since they are flood lights they wouldn't be much good past the front of the tractor. I was just curious since you have the same tractor I have.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
Have you thought about adding lights to roll bar? I've been thinking about adding 2 forward and 1 rearward led lights under my canopy for when feeding at night, b/c the factory lights are much good with my modified brush guard and a roll of hay on the FEL. My only concern is when bushhogging limbs knocking a $40 light off the roll bar. I actually bought 3, 720 lumen led flood lights to put on my tractor, but they ended up on the wife's kawasaki mule. They would be fine, but since they are flood lights they wouldn't be much good past the front of the tractor. I was just curious since you have the same tractor I have.

I'm pretty spoiled, when Sun goes down, I go in. I use my tractor a lot in the timber, figure I'd knock off any lights that I might add. :)

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #36  
I'm pretty spoiled, when Sun goes down, I go in. I use my tractor a lot in the timber, figure I'd knock off any lights that I might add. :)

Around here, it get's dark around 4:30 pm in the winter, so lights are pretty much a must. Just keep the lights inside the ROPS and you'll be fine. But if you don't need them, than you just don't need them!