3pt Hitch Adapter

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I had cobbled together a Cat I hitch adapter that served me well until I traded up to a Cat II tractor. Then I began to destroy it. So I decided to build another.

I wanted this one to be versatile and able to be used with or without a Quick Hitch easily. So I built the top link with multiple holes varying in height from 19" down to 13". If I use it directly on my tractor I'll hook my top link in the upper hole. If I use it with a Quick Hitch the moveable pin will be in one of the lower holes.

I built this using 3x3x1/4" square tubing. Plated the ends with 3/8" flat plate, drilled to accept Cat II weld-on pins. I cut a "C" out of the base tube and welded in a receiver. I then used the section that I cut out to make the holder on the vertical tube for an extra hitch. I have equipment that is ball hitch and pin hitch variety so wanted to have both hitches with me all the time. I put a 2 5/16" ball on top of the vertical so I can move my gooseneck trailer. I welded two 3/8" hooks to the vertical tube to use when logging.

Haven't got to test it yet but should be going into the Timber later this week. My wood splitter is trailer mounted with a ball hitch. The wood trailer is also ball hitch. I have a pinned stand on my splitter trailer and on my hauling trailer. This hitch allows me to move them about without having to get off the tractor.

DSC06134.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

DSC06132.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

DSC06130.jpg

DSC06129.jpg

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #2  
I have equipment that is ball hitch and pin hitch variety so wanted to have both hitches with me all the time.

Nice job, Richard! I like your idea for carrying the extra ball hitch. :thumbsup:

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #3  
haha, you've got a different toy in the background of each photo. Nice.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #4  
Very nice work . Man , you do have some neat (tools) . Is that an airstream in the back of pic #3 ?

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #5  
I noticed that you welded 2 grab hooks and 1 slip hook to you 9540 bucket. I am about to put 2 grab hooks and 1 slip hook on my 9540 bucket. Did you reinforce the top of the bucket? It also looks like you customized your brush guard, do you have any pics of that?

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter
Thanks to everyone for the compliments, comments.

I am truly blessed to have a great shop in my backyard filled with useable tools and toys.

Kevin, not sure about the airstream?? If referring to the buggy?? That's Mary Jane. Built from a Comanche Jeep pickup.

clee4020, Yes, I reinforced the back of the bucket with a 1/4x4 flat plate. I'll try to find you a pic. I like the slip hook in the middle and use it a lot.

As for pics of the brushguard, checkout this thread I posted when I first bought the tractor. It's got some closeup detail pics of the brushguard. I use the tractor in the brush a lot. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/260846-new-m9540hd12-1-a.html

Because of such heavy brush use I also built a skid plate to protect the hydraulics. Here's a link to pics of that. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/266010-m9540-belly-skid-plate-brush.html

Thanks again for the comments.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #8  
To the left of the buggy and behind the shelves . Shiny aluminum with what looks like a camper window in it . I must be seeing things .

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #9  
I think that's super-nice roll around tool box.

/ 3pt Hitch Adapter #10  
I think that's super-nice roll around tool box.
It is. The second pic has a better view of the tool box.

Very nice job on the hitch ovrszd.