Alternate garage wall materials.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #11  
One other thing to consider if this work is going to be inspected -- my local code now requires even a detached garage to have a fire-rated interior (i.e. taped drywall). Wood over drywall is OK.

/ Alternate garage wall materials.
Hmmmm....

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #13  
Just keep screwing up old license plates until there are no gaps left.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #14  
4X8 PEGBOARD !!??? I PUT IT UP IN A 20X40 GRAGE NO DRYWALL

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #15  
What about steel ? The type used as roofing but installed horizontally over your studs.
Generally available in about a dozen colors. fireproof, waterproof (you can wash indoors). I have seen many shops around here using this.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #16  
It's hard to beat drywall for fire barrier, cost and ease of finishing. Tape it, paint it, and then add what you want after. There are many products to add afterword for garage organization.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #17  
One thing to think about is if you will ever weld in your shop, then drywall or tin.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #18  
What ever you use think of putting 1x4s ripped in two on a 45 Mount on walls so the 45 forms a hook and mount the other part on cabnets, peg board, ect. and you can move things as easy as pie.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #19  
What about steel ? The type used as roofing but installed horizontally over your studs.
Generally available in about a dozen colors. fireproof, waterproof (you can wash indoors). I have seen many shops around here using this.

This is what the guy did in my garage before I moved in. It is nice and waterproof but am still up in the air about whether or not I like it. It is put over some real thin osb... so it isn't strong enough to hang stuff on necessarily, but is thick enough to make it nearly impossible to find the studs. It also makes it real tough to get radio reception. I keep the garage mildly heated in the winter.

/ Alternate garage wall materials. #20  
I was seriously thinking about metal liner panel on my walls (I have it on the ceiling) but combination of cost and complexity of hanging stuff on the wall changed my mind. It really looks great though.