Amphibious ATV

/ Amphibious ATV #71  
Have you considered a floating bridge? It might be cheaper than a specialty vehicle.

/ Amphibious ATV #72  
One thing I have heard of doing is to put a couple of PSI into the vents for the axles, transfer case, transmission, etc to keep the water out.

Aaron Z

You heard WRONG! Even a couple of psi will blow out your seals that is the reason for vents in the first place, so as not to build up pressure. Run 'em high and run 'em dry!

/ Amphibious ATV #73  
Maybe you could find a older, high clearance agriculture spray machine that you could adapt. They aren't designed for water, but they are built high with those big flotation tires, and the motor is up high too.
I never thought of that, there is a lot of old ones around here. I think someone was importing them. They go cheap and are hydraulic drive you wou know its all water tight down there. They are very slow though.

/ Amphibious ATV #74  
You heard WRONG! Even a couple of psi will blow out your seals that is the reason for vents in the first place, so as not to build up pressure. Run 'em high and run 'em dry!
The government would like to disagree with you on that one. The original Deuce fording kit was setup to put 1-2 PSI into the axles. See Fording Kit Instalation or Home Made Fording Kit?

Aaron Z