Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Default Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step

Winter in Maine is a slow time for my tractor, it's also a good time for a garage project. My property has (literally)miles of skid roads on it that I try to keep open (mowed). There are areas that were pretty much clear cut by the previous owner and I would like to turn to pasture, with the easiest 1st step being mowing the brush & saplings. If you keep up on this your grasses will prevail. So needless to say, I have a bunch of stumps and rocks on my place, that are not so friendly on the "belly" of my tractor. The factory guarding is fine for "field work" but basically worthless for much more than that. Lying under the tractor, the attachment points available are very limited & took some measuring and head scratching, so what I came up with is basically building 3 "crossmembers" that use factory threaded holes in the rear, transmission & clutch area. (thanks to ovrszd for thread size info).
    An added bonus was this made a handy mounting space a toolbox, or at least a "box" that I could throw whatever I wanted into, as it turns out there was enough room for a "box" that will hold 2 std. 5 gal. buckets and a chainsaw. On the other side of the tractor, this crossmember made easy, a nice big "passenger" step, (or a good place for a buddy to hitch a ride). I'll let the pictures do the talking, but while in the shop, I'm also spacing the seat up 4" for comfort, and building a big no nonsene bumper and grill guard. Eventually adding 2 front "posts" and a "canpoie" with some storage & lighting, and eventually-eventually, a pair of "sweeps" to the canopie from the grill guard for those low hanging hat knocker offer's.
    I am not very "handy" with a computer so this might take a few posts, I'll try to go a step at a time.
    What is pictured are the 3 basic X-members on the floor and installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1720.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1725.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1728.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1732.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1736.jpg  

Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1712.jpg  
    We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step

Interesting...keep the updates coming.

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

I have all the framework done, painted and on the tractor for the skid plate, and like I said, I'm not so sharp with the computer and I would have liked to have a pic & caption. You'll have to figure them out. I'll get the plate sheared this week to finish the underside and have been working on the bumper & front guard. I can't wait to put some, whatever in that storage bin! Having a saw & fuel-bar oil space! I gotta go cut some wood!
    Did you notice the fuel tank "shield" on the step picture? Yes, that is an old p.u. bed liner, I used it on the other side also to guard the loader 3rd valve & hoses. There will also be a chunk of it on the grill guard. I never liked them in my truck bed, too slippery, they are good for brick masons or hauling fire wood, but they are tough as nails and don't need paint and won't rust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1766.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1679.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1681.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1691.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1744.jpg  

Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1762.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1763.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1722.jpg  
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MASSEY FERGUSON 1532

Looks Good

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA

The lucky horseshoe is a nice touch

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Got the grille guard/bumper done along with a 4" seat "lift". The 1/4" plate for the skid pan is next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1791.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1773.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1775.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1777.jpg  
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Wrapped it up today! That's all 1/4" plate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1811.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1794.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1804.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1806.jpg   Tractor skid pan / toolbox / passenger step-dscn1807.jpg  

(proven on 11/6/12)

Tractor
    kubota mx5100hst

That looks great! I need to do the same thing to my MX. It's way to vulnerable when I'm logging and bush hogging.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Dang..talk about rolling tank.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew

I like, nice work,need to do that to my 4200 deere.LUTT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast