Pier foundation for a carport

/ Pier foundation for a carport #21  
Got it, the need to raise it by 2 feet didn't register - that's my fault. Maybe you could buy the materials to build the leg extensions yourself. The walls of my sheds have extensions built with an inside sleeve that is screwed in place with drill screws. The notion that the trusses need to be braced can be overcome as well. It doesn't make sense that the roof is okay x height but needs to be braced differently for x+2' height.

Concrete and masonry is certainly the best foundation but costs for the return on investment would deter me from doing too much for a structure that may be temporary UNLESS you plan the foundation to be used for a replacement structure in the future.

/ Pier foundation for a carport #22  
An idea I had going along the same thought about raising the height of a carport was to use either R.R. Ties or Landscaping timbers, don't see why the same idea wouldn't work for concret blocks as long as they were cemented together, as would be regular construction.
My plan was to drill 4 to 6 holes with a PHD wide enough for a 3 or 5 gallon bucket to fit in, depth depending on frost line of course.
In the bucket would be rebar bent upward filled with concrete, to dig into the earth just in case of upward force of winds.
I was thinking either chain conected to threaded rod or if the rod was long enough just the rod to go through the "riser" (timbers R.R. ties etc...) and fastening the bottom carport rail to the rod.
The floor of the carport would be some type of gravel, that way if in the future a concrete floor was wanted the base would already be there.
here is a rough drawing of what I had plan on doing.

MikeView attachment CARPORT ANCHOR.bmp

/ Pier foundation for a carport #23  
Threaded rod from cement all the way to the frame of the carport and tighten down with nuts. How many "tiedown" points are you looking to put in the ground?