looking to build???

/ looking to build??? #1  

avwnut

Tractor
none
Hello all. Great site. Was looking for the surplus shop that was selling lawn tractor rear axle/trans. I was hoping to build a little track or wheeled or? to move the snow around. I do not have a driveway as I have a lane that the city or my neighbors do not clean and the snow blower is useless with the wet stuff, so I thought power shovel. Any help would be great. thanks, ageain great site!

/ looking to build??? #2  
Well the best place to look is Surplus Centre on line, they are online and have just about everything and they ship to Toronto. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them with great results. The shipping is the issue but there is very little else around. that I know of. The other option is to look at Princess Auto they are in Toronto, Oshawa, Newmarket, Barrie. They have a lot of Hydraulic components and some surplus stuff at good prices. Princess Auto
ww.surpluscenter.com
Surplus center has transaxles like you are looking for.

/ looking to build??? #3  
:welcome:

/ looking to build??? #4  
welcome to TBN.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6

/ looking to build??? #7  
Hello all. Great site. Was looking for the surplus shop that was selling lawn tractor rear axle/trans. I was hoping to build a little track or wheeled or? to move the snow around. I do not have a driveway as I have a lane that the city or my neighbors do not clean and the snow blower is useless with the wet stuff, so I thought power shovel. Any help would be great. thanks, ageain great site!

Welcome!

It seems like you will come close to duplicating a two-wheel walk behind tractor, like the old Gravely, or BSC units. BCS Tractors

If you can find an old unit that is restore-able/save-able, it would make a good platform for a power shovel/push blade, and probably at a fairly low price.

/ looking to build??? #8  
Those two wheeled tractors are widely available overseas in countries like China and Turkey. The Turks even rig up an auto trans mission to create an articulated RWD unit. Typically, they go about 25 MPH top speed. They are often used like North American farmers use pickup trucks. The going price for a 7 HP unit front drive only unit is 1000USD. A fully functional FWD/RWD unit would be at least double that.