Dumping offroad military trailer

/ Dumping offroad military trailer #81  
Humm..thought snot was only in the Southern USA!

/ Dumping offroad military trailer #82  
Well the old trailer's gone. Sold it last night. Pretty mixed feelings as it's been by far my biggest and best project so far, and was extremely handy, but I'm saving up for smaller and better things. LOL

Sold it for what I had into it (minus my time) to a fellow Jeeper that's going to use it more for camping/hunting then work.
Just incase you haven't seen this thread, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...on/282087-unique-trailer-sale-craigslist.html , here is one you could copy.

It would fit your trails better. :D
3Le3I23J75Lb5Ia5E3d5ma96645805f741dc1.jpg

/ Dumping offroad military trailer #86  
Very nice project! To protect your eqpt from trailer rollover you can make a rotating section on the drawbar with a large bolt and nut. Here's a pic of a small drawbar (on a snowmobile trailer) that uses a 7/8" bolt for pivot. It simply rotates on the threads. If you could find a 1 1/2 inch diameter thread + nut it would probably fit your needs well and low cost.

For scale, this drawbar on this snowmobile trailer is 1 1/2" square tube.
374309d1399578473-dumping-offroad-military-trailer-snowboarder-transport-trailer-swivel-jpg

It could let go if the trailer rolls over about 15 times.

Well I guess I found the limit for my little trailer. It bent the top portion of the pintle.
333_zpsdafb7577.jpg
[/URL]

Attachments

• snowboarder transport trailer swivel.jpg
    snowboarder transport trailer swivel.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 683
   / Dumping offroad military trailer
Yeah Sodo, I've seen those types before.... there are swivel pintles that are pretty cool. However, I think my roll shows that a normal pintle can take an incredible amount of twist... even though that trailer's sold, I would have built it the same way.

Cat_Driver, I do know how dangerous they can be... in fact, a friend of mine is permanently disfigured because of a hi lift accident. The thing to remember is to never put yourself over the handle, especialy your face.

/ Dumping offroad military trailer #89  
Yeah Sodo, I've seen those types before.... there are swivel pintles that are pretty cool. However, I think my roll shows that a normal pintle can take an incredible amount of twist... even though that trailer's sold, I would have built it the same way.

Cat_Driver, I do know how dangerous they can be... in fact, a friend of mine is permanently disfigured because of a hi lift accident. The thing to remember is to never put yourself over the handle, especialy your face.

Or any other body part!