different style dirt pan

/ different style dirt pan #1  

jwmorris

Veteran Member
I have been looking for one for a while and came across this one, gave $350 so I can stand for it to be a little less than ideal.

It works backwards from most I have seen, it rotates to the rear to dump and the apron opens as extensions hit the frame in the rear.

Anyone use one like this vs the front dump?

Attachments

• IMG_20130201_155558_580.jpg
    IMG_20130201_155558_580.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 937
   / different style dirt pan #2  
$350? GOOD DEAL. Let us know how it works. Is there a brand on it?

/ different style dirt pan #3  
There would be many situations where a rear dump would be preferable to the front dump.
Rear dump in the the larger scoops (around 4/5 cu yrds) were popular at one time and several different makes were available. Any I've seen have a front apron as well.
An engineering firm in Australia will still make a 2.5 cu yrd rear dump on order.

/ different style dirt pan
I haven't seen any brand ID on it so far. The rear apron is bent up so I have to press it back out and weld on some support. Also need to find some old tires that hold air and looks like I might have to replace a hose.

Well got it straighted out and hauled it down to the farm Sat. Had to swap out tow hoses but it works.

Can say now one advantage to a front dump would be that you could see what your doing when dumping. For $350 though, its a winner.

Attachments

• IMG_20130209_120513_839.jpg
    IMG_20130209_120513_839.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20130209_120401_230.jpg
    IMG_20130209_120401_230.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 451
   / different style dirt pan #6  
Sounds like a heck of a find! How heavy is that tractor your using it with?

/ different style dirt pan #7  
Sounds like a heck of a find! How heavy is that tractor your using it with?
The pictures posted show a MF 725 pulling it. 2WD, 67 PTO HP, 60 drawbar HP, weighs in at 6600# plus ballast (tractordata claims that it can weigh up to 9330# when ballasted).

Aaron Z

J J, that design would have kept me from having to fix the apron on the one I bought. Would have likely just taken it off if you had posted before Friday. At least I know what to do if I have problems with it down the road, thanks.

/ different style dirt pan #10  
The only scraper I ever used was a front dump and it hooked to the stationary drawbar. Raising the pan and dumping with one set of cylinders and opening and closing the lid with another set of cylinders, as the cylinder extended, it first raised the pan but only about 8" of ground clearance was attainable, then if you continued to extend it it would pick up the pan. Another cylinder open and closed the front lid.