Kubota B Series Quick Attach

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach #1  

jeep07

Tractor
Husqavarna CZ1740, Case 1825 Skid and Kubota B2920 TLB
I finished some projects saturday morning so I had a chance to start building a QA for my LA384 Loader.

I had looked over TooManyGT's build on MTF and it seemed pretty simple. So I set out to build my own.

The plan is to add some 2" Receiver stock to the unit so I can easily add a trailer hitch etc for moving stuff without the bucket attached.

I started with some 1/4" Plate.
20130203_143434[1].jpg

Cut out my design on the CNC table.
20130203_155955[1].jpg

Bent it up in the press brake.
20130203_165458[1].jpg

Before and Afters.
20130203_191240[1].jpg

Cut some 1.5" .25 Wall DOM for the pins.
20130203_201618[1].jpg

After doing those it was time to stop. The design will have 2 runners that hold the QA's together and they will also house the Hitch Receiver.

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach #2  
Wow, nice. Nice tools ,with those at your dispose you'll have it done in no time.
Are you worried about the distortion of the holes near the bends?

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach
Thanks,

Not to worried about the distortion because it will be filled with weld any how. I tried not to make the QA bigger than it needed to be. I didn't want to put more stress etc out there so I cut it down by atleast an inch over others I think. I've been collecting and building tools for about 10 years now which is proving to make things much easier on each project I do.

Wes

I had time saturday to finish this thing up. I ended up bending the U hooks with my press and a 1" pin + some channel and other bottom dies I could imagine up.
20130210_201027.jpg

20130210_201132.jpg

20130210_201108.jpg

20130210_201042.jpg

I threw the bottom pins in the lathe and turned them down a c hair on one end to make them easy to insert/remove. The paint is the Kubota Orange from Tractor Supply. Its pretty close to a match. Now I need to finish up the chain hooks for the Tooth bar in the other thread. After this onto a Tine Grapple made out of tubing but that requires some $ for the 3rd functions.

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach #5  
I finished some projects saturday morning so I had a chance to start building a QA for my LA384 Loader.

I had looked over TooManyGT's build on MTF and it seemed pretty simple. So I set out to build my own.

The plan is to add some 2" Receiver stock to the unit so I can easily add a trailer hitch etc for moving stuff without the bucket attached.
Is that the LA364 Loader you have? Great job!

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach #8  
I like that receiver hitch idea and may have to cut my QH apart and build it in! nice job!

/ Kubota B Series Quick Attach #9  
How do you go about getting the double bend? Thanks.

The U bend I did with a 1" pin and various bottom dies (scrap steel etc) in my press. Once bent I simply chucked the thing in a vise and got a big crescent wrench and pulled it back to bend it. Nothing precise but it worked :).