Pintle hitch for 3 point lift

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
I will be purchasing a new 12' dump trailer soon and decided on a pintle hitch.
The pintle hitch on the back of the truck will also be handy for use with my tow strap.
I found a bolt on pintle hitch on Craigs List 2 miles from my house for $30 that looked as if it was never installed.
It was a no brainer , GO and pick it up.
I sandblasted my 3 point ball hitch assembly used to move my utility trailer and added some steel to accomodate for the new pintle coupler.
Now when I get the dump trailer I can use the tractor to move the it at home or out at the property when cutting fire wood.
new tractor 836.JPG
new tractor 837.JPG
new tractor 838.JPG
Tom

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift
Thanks,
Tom

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift #4  
Is the pintle going to interfere with hooking up trailers on the ball hitch or is that a visual illusion?

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift #5  
Nice job! $30 is a good deal, been looking recently on CL for one myself.......mine was stolen off the back of the truck while in a local store for 10 minutes. I HATE a thief!!!!! $150 bucks worth of hitch...... I blame myself for not taking it out. Lessen learned. Mentioned it at work and 2 other guys said they had had hitches stolen in the last year. BEWARE....either lock or take your hitches off when you go to town! Again, great job and congrats on a bargain.

Is the pintle going to interfere with hooking up trailers on the ball hitch or is that a visual illusion?

There is enough room for the coupler to fit thru there, not much to spare.

Nice job! $30 is a good deal, been looking recently on CL for one myself.......mine was stolen off the back of the truck while in a local store for 10 minutes. I HATE a thief!!!!! $150 bucks worth of hitch...... I blame myself for not taking it out. Lessen learned. Mentioned it at work and 2 other guys said they had had hitches stolen in the last year. BEWARE....either lock or take your hitches off when you go to town! Again, great job and congrats on a bargain.

I just ordered an new slide in pintle/ball hitch combination for my truck and a locking 5/8" pin.
Curt 48007 Receiver Mount Combination Ball and Pintle Hook : Amazon.com : Automotive
Curt Manufacturing 23021 5/8 In Hitch Lock 30000 Lb Packaged : Amazon.com : Automotive
No need to have it stolen.

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift #7  
great job dooley

/ Pintle hitch for 3 point lift #9  
You get quite a bit of "Slack-Jacking" with a Pintle system.

You get quite a bit of "Slack-Jacking" with a Pintle system.

I am aware of how they tow.
There is a little slop there, more of a noise issue on rough ground.
I used to tow large sand blast pots and air compressors daily for a summer job years ago with pintle setups.
The lunette ring can be easily unbolted and replaced with a 2-5/16" ball coupler if I ever decided to do longer towing trips.
The trailer will be used primarily within 10 miles of my house.
Our property is only 6 1/2 miles from the house and the farm is 10 miles so I decided the pintle is ok.
And
I wont need a tow ring on the truck anymore which I use quite a bit.