Carry-All for Front Mower ?

/ Carry-All for Front Mower ? #1  

Rip

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F-2880 & F-3680
Has anyone made a Carry-All for out-front mower machines such as Kubota F-2000 series, NH G6000 series, Iseki SF series, etc ?? Talking about the 'backwards CUT' rather than ZTR, lawn tractor or home-size riding mowers. Something similar to the Johnny Bucket that is made for garden tractors and JD-only front-mowers??

Last edited:
   / Carry-All for Front Mower ? #2  
Sounds like a good idea. You might need to add some weight to the back. What about adding pallet forks to the front and making the carryall work with forks. Forks are very usefull.

/ Carry-All for Front Mower ?
Yeah, forks with a removable platform would work.....I was trying to not re-invent the wheel so to speak and be able to buy or copy something someone else had already figured out. The heavy-duty mower decks on these type machines are 450 to 550 lbs and have a two-point hydraulic lift, but remove easily. Just want to move rocks & dirt around.....do not need to dig or lift high to dump.

Have you see the JohnnyBucket Johnny Bucket Sr. John Deere 300-400 series ? Unfortunately they are only made for lawn tractors, but the concept is pretty much what I am after.

Last edited:
   / Carry-All for Front Mower ? #4  
This probably isn't what you need, but I did it because I didn't have a deck for it.
Toro 322D Groundsmaster.

P9150983.JPGPC311455.JPGP6231741.JPGP6231747.JPGP8171921.JPGP8171930.JPG

Nice looking adaptation ! ! Yeah, little more than I am after, but does look handy!

/ Carry-All for Front Mower ? #6  
Yep, very handy.
P4032114.JPGP4092120.JPG

Nice to see some action shots of your rig, Xfaxman......notice that you also have a Toolcat......we have a 5600C in Canada primarily for snow removal & sanding......the place is for sale however and will offer the equipment to new buyer as it suits the needs well.

As for the Kubota F2880 (just like the current F3080), I have looked more at the JohnnyBucket and they do have one for the JD 1400 & 1500 series but I could rig up something similar with a used bucket to fit the 'Bota even with some small forks if needed. Not quite like what you have, but would do all I need around here.

Bumping this thread up as I never got or built a front carryall for my Kubota F-Series front mower, but am once again seriously planning to do so. I kick myself for missing a perfect window of opportunity a few years back to get a bare JohnnyBucket SR and toss it into a shipping container at no extra $$ to OZ...oh well...

I do need to fabricate something now and wanted to rattle the collective cages of other FrontMower owners so I do not reinvent the wheel if I can copy somebody else's solution.....SO....do not everyone speak up at once!?!

See my posts above for what I am looking for....am figuring mainly a platform (mounted to lift arms after mower deck removed) with minimal side edges and perhaps pivoted to manually tip & dump....lots of commercial and custom stuff out there for rear 3 ph.

/ Carry-All for Front Mower ? #9  
Can you find a 4 ft tractor bucket and redo the mounts?? To be honest I think your over thinking this. Get some metal and start welding what you want. Unless you don't have that skill it should be simple

/ Carry-All for Front Mower ? #10  
Or copy this type for the front of your F-2880:

2.JPG