Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #111  
Hey Murph:

Yes we have built several big conveyor systems and integrated power coating systems with conveyors in them about 10% of them are "Complete Systems" from start to finish the part hangs, gets washed/cleaned & treated, dried and then into the powder booths and out into the cure oven. We did a BIG one for Amish Company "Chupps Powder Coating" including my specifying the Diesel Generator they run it on. Only 10% as most people build their systems in for a Batch Design where they buy an Oven and a Booth or two. Then they Hand Wash / sand blast all the parts on racks and move them around. This works well for lots of odds & ends of parts from car frames motorcycle frames to racks & rod-iron furniture. Usually Hanging Conveyors do a pass thru either manual or electrical driven.

If you are looking talk to Tony 419 853 4747 monday & tell him Mark M sent ya.

Mark M

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
I called the powdercoater this morning and asked him if I could email pictures of the grapple for a estimate. I sent him a link to EA's website. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #113  
I called the powdercoater this morning and asked him if I could email pictures of the grapple for a estimate. I sent him a link to EA's website. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

A good powder coat job from someone that knows what he's doing will run from 250.00 to 300.00 but should not chip flake or come off in sheets. It should stretch a bit when contacted. I've done powder coating for over twenty years with Spikers system I think.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #114  
A good powder coat job from someone that knows what he's doing will run from 250.00 to 300.00 but should not chip flake or come off in sheets. It should stretch a bit when contacted. I've done powder coating for over twenty years with Spikers system I think.

Something we agree on it seems.:D While I no little about it I have a good powdercoater I use.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #115  
Something we agree on it seems.:D While I no little about it I have a good powdercoater I use.

We actually agree on a lot of things were just to bullheaded to see it :cool:

Would that include sand blasting?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #117  
Would that include sand blasting?

Our line would need as much grease off of the parts, How bad is the steel? we would do a acid a bath then phosphate bath then the dryer then preheat then paint then to a 1 million btu oven.

Our line would need as much grease off of the parts, How bad is the steel? we would do a acid a bath then phosphate bath then the dryer then preheat then paint then to a 1 million btu oven.

It is not rusty at all. It would mainly need degreased.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #119  
It is not rusty at all. It would mainly need degreased.

Then your in like flin, Clean it as best you can before taking it in but don't sweat it cause its going for a acid bath.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #120  
I don't know what the "kit" will cost, but after adding $200 for finishing an all of the setup and weldment time, they will have to be pretty cheap to make it truly worth it.

Don't forget the value of the fun and experience you get building it! Anybody can buy something off the shelf :D

Status
Not open for further replies.