Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #201  
Man, that is sweet. After designing mine on my own and fabricating all the parts I have a decent amount of respect for this kit. There is a lot of welding, but not beyond the capabilities of the average joe welder in their home shop. I have about 30 hours in mine just in fit-up and welding. I probably have another 12 - 15 hours in design and 10 - 12 hours in securing all the parts and pieces. I'd say the kit if reasonably priced would be a bargain for most of us.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #202  
I like the flame idea. If you like the raw look, just clear it and see if it stands up. If it won't stand up to heavy use, sand blast next summer than paint it. Looking great so far!

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #203  
FLAME JOB!

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
Its time to learn, you never built a grapple before either.

He's got you there Roger. I second it, let's see some flames on that bad boy.

FLAME JOB!

What kind of flames hot rod flames, ghost flames, realistic flames? I am thinking paint flames then about 5 coats of clear, wet sand to 3000, then buff and polish? :laughing:

Man, that is sweet. After designing mine on my own and fabricating all the parts I have a decent amount of respect for this kit. There is a lot of welding, but not beyond the capabilities of the average joe welder in their home shop. I have about 30 hours in mine just in fit-up and welding. I probably have another 12 - 15 hours in design and 10 - 12 hours in securing all the parts and pieces. I'd say the kit if reasonably priced would be a bargain for most of us.

I think I am right around 35 hours into this one. I guess we have about the same time in them, mine is slightly wider and I have 2 lids. There is a lot of of work that goes into one.

I like the flame idea. If you like the raw look, just clear it and see if it stands up. If it won't stand up to heavy use, sand blast next summer than paint it. Looking great so far!

Thanks. I found some stuff made be eastwood called diamond clear, made for bare metal. It would look cool but I would not really be able to see the scratches to touch it up and it could rust and make a mess. I guess I better stick with orange. I'll keep the clear in mind for something smaller.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #205  
Certainly the outside teeth should be "Flying Tigers Shark Teeth"

Here are the hose with the 90* fittings on them. It looks a lot better.

20130319_214425_zps16ad1f79.jpg

20130319_214431_zpsc3ba2836.jpg

20130319_214442_zpsb4a2c15f.jpg

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #207  
That looks pretty darn good! you get that bad boy painted, and you will really be styling!

That looks pretty darn good! you get that bad boy painted, and you will really be styling!

Thanks, I will be glad when it is painted because I can put it to use then.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #209  
Thanks, I will be glad when it is painted because I can put it to use then.

Also you have done a really good job documenting and photographing your assembly. You should be very proud.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

Also you have done a really good job documenting and photographing your assembly. You should be very proud.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

Thanks. There were a few more things I wish i would have taken pictures of but it is hard to do when you are working. Right now I have 95 pictures of it:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.