Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #251  
Why did you cut the exapanded into individual pieces? Would be far faster, and sturdier, IMHO, to leave it one piece and weld where it crosses tines or edges. I'm sure your way is just fine, just seems like more work for no reason to me - was there a reason?

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build
surprised EA hasn't chimed in at all during this, have they contacted you about your progress? I wonder if they are still bitter because you didn't want a boxblade and they don't really care about this build.

I talked to Travis on the 19th. He said it looked good. I have talked to him a few times through out the build, there are no hard feelings.

Why did you cut the exapanded into individual pieces? Would be far faster, and sturdier, IMHO, to leave it one piece and weld where it crosses tines or edges. I'm sure your way is just fine, just seems like more work for no reason to me - was there a reason?

The expanded metal would have interfered with the SSQA if I did not put it in between. I think it gives it a clean look with it in between.

It is primed (it looks a little funny in the pictures, I guess it was the lighting)

20130329_223632_zps82786969.jpg

20130329_223616_zps66b074dd.jpg

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #254  
Oh man, getting close now! Looking good!:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #255  
Another good use for your vehical lift.

Dave

I made a little more progress today.

20130330_185021_zpsf20edbdb.jpg

20130330_185027_zps941d50c4.jpg

20130330_185042_zps07952b7c.jpg

20130330_185052_zpseca0e8cf.jpg

20130330_185119_zpsd2aae625.jpg

I'll post pics of the lids later. I am eating supper, I worked up a appetite this after noon.

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #258  
Roger:
I see one MAJOR PROBLEM! That NEW Grapple Paint makes the tractor look a bit dingy so I think you need a few more quarts of that Kub Orange :D Ya still got a few weeks prior to official Spring Melt means you will be using her more in the mud.. Better get busy! ;)

Mark

/ Everything Attachments Wicked Grapple Build #259  
Oh, man!

Roger:
I see one MAJOR PROBLEM! That NEW Grapple Paint makes the tractor look a bit dingy so I think you need a few more quarts of that Kub Orange :D Ya still got a few weeks prior to official Spring Melt means you will be using her more in the mud.. Better get busy! ;)

Mark

The tractor needs a good cleaning. I'll try to wash it for the final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.